Swivel Seat Doesnt Lock

tcs122499

Reaction score
New to forum, so forgive me if I posted this in the wrong spot. My son took our new Bennington out today and he pushed the swivel lever on the captains chair all the way down so it can continuously swivel and not lock anymore. I saw on another thread, that many of you want it that way. However, I cannot get the lever up again, it just stays in the down position and will not lock anymore. Is there a trick to get it back up and lock into position?

Is the seat post rotating with the seat? That would not allow the lever to line back up with the slots in the seat post that lock it in place.

Is the seat post rotating with the seat? That would not allow the lever to line back up with the slots in the seat post that lock it in place.
No, the post is not moving. I attached video.

Attachments

• D4598CBB-E0AB-4BC6-A452-4AB3BF9DDF68.jpeg
    D4598CBB-E0AB-4BC6-A452-4AB3BF9DDF68.jpeg
    128.9 KB · Views: 37
  • 4B95C732-4F5C-47EC-857E-C5A5D57F2AB5.jpeg
    4B95C732-4F5C-47EC-857E-C5A5D57F2AB5.jpeg
    126.1 KB · Views: 37
Usually you can pull it back up to the perpendicular position. When you say you can’t get it back up again, can you not physically move the lever or does the lever just flap back down when you pull it up?

Usually you can pull it back up to the perpendicular position. When you say you can’t get it back up again, can you not physically move the lever or does the lever just flap back down when you pull it up?
I can pull it back up but it just falls back down when I let go. There is no tension on the lever when I pull it up.

Pull the lever up, hold it in the perpendicular position and rotate the seat until it locks in. They only lock in 4 spots 0-90-180 & 270 degrees.

I tried, unfortunately the lever will not stay up and the chair does not lock, the lever falls down and the chair is in constant swivel mode.

I had this same thing happen. I popped the seat off (loosen the black knob, pull that lever up, and lift off the seat) and noticed the black collar inside of the seat base was not properly aligned with the pin from the lever. I used a screwdriver to wiggle it back in place and then it worked perfect. I'm not sure if trying to turn the seat while that knob was tightened caused this issue. But, it's a simple fix.

Pull the lever up, hold it in the perpendicular position and rotate the seat until it locks in. They only lock in 4 spots 0-90-180 & 270 degrees.
This worked for me. I just had the same problem. Fiddled with it and felty it catch while turning the seat and holding the lever up.
Thank You !!

Back