Table Rock

bjpell

Reaction score
I'm headed to Table Rock on the 25th for a 1 week vacation with my family and bringing the toon. Staying by the state park/dam. Anyone here live there? Anybody have suggestions on where to fish what to do while there?

Last edited:
I'm headed to Table Rock on the 25th for a 1 week vacation with my family and bringing the toon for a week. Staying by the state park/dam. Anyone here live there? Anybody have suggestions on where to fish what to do while there?
Whenever we’ve been in that area we spend at least one day renting a tritoon on that lake from the State park marina. I love that lake! Many fun times with our family tubing, using the water slide on the tritoon double decker pontoons you can rent, enjoying the plentiful and numerous coves for relaxing, swimming, using the pontoons water slides, etc… There is at least one neat island somewhat near the park marina, as well as an awesome rock cliff jumping spot somewhat near the state park marina.

Anyway, its been about 5 years since I have been there, so I am not very helpful on many details. I just wanted to say there are some awesome spots, and I think you will have a blast on that lake in that particular area. Enjoy the trip ahead!!!

The last time we were there:
F74CDFCA-760A-4046-B395-7D44019B75D9.jpeg21649CA4-7757-4445-8B6C-3F967B3B3EB4.jpeg7A77BEEC-5CDB-4AA3-93DD-D7A22A2FB347.jpegEE985C1E-9F6F-48E6-83A6-3692BC25AD54.jpeg37A9CA32-A9A8-444E-8DF8-861B955AF590.jpeg54A8F91B-70E3-45C0-89FE-9A951CA57473.jpeg4AD8C131-4646-44B6-AB5B-22F1CB815BD4.jpeg0A3E8026-351A-4DD6-B3DC-50938C009AF2.jpeg0328FA51-ACC0-484F-AB05-D3F60E5970B8.jpeg24665C96-1273-4B22-8CE7-5F300F62D13B.jpeg71C4A746-2E5F-4142-901F-482761D014A8.jpegC130E7A1-1B6B-4CBA-A9B5-EC57A4269A88.jpeg

A friend of mine who has been there about 20 times told me to watch out for the water moccasins. He said he's had one try to get on his bass boat with him back deep into a cove he was fishing. He hooked it with his fishing lure when it was in his boat and cast it out away from the boat, then cut his line to get away. Have you heard of or had any experience like that with the snakes? He said bring my hand gun with me and buy some snake shot for it. I'm rethinking fishing deep into the coves lol.

A friend of mine who has been there about 20 times told me to watch out for the water moccasins. He said he's had one try to get on his bass boat with him back deep into a cove he was fishing. He hooked it with his fishing lure when it was in his boat and cast it out away from the boat, then cut his line to get away. Have you heard of or had any experience like that with the snakes? He said bring my hand gun with me and buy some snake shot for it. I'm rethinking fishing deep into the coves lol.
Yikes!!!! I had not heard of this or seen it on our former trips. Probably the best as I hate snakes. Now you have me concerned if we ever do this again. We are bouncing around the idea of hitting up the area perhaps in the summer of 2022. Hmmmm…

This has me intrigued... we normally go to Lake Ouachita for the first week if November but this might be worth the extra 175 miles from Houston. It certainly has more options on places to stay than Ouachita.

Any recommdations on condo rentals with available boat dock, launch facility etc?

Last edited:
This has me intrigued... we normally go to Lake Ouachita for the first week if November but this might be worth the extra 175 miles from Houston. It certainly has more options on places to stay than Ouachita.

Any recommdations on condo rentals with available boat dock, launch facility etc?
I don‘t know of any condo rental options that have an available boat dock. There should be some options out there though. The state park and marina we use is not far outside of Branson, Missouri. Pretty darn close to town.

We’ve always condo’d up in Branson. If you are in condos or a home rental south of Branson, it’s not bad getting over to the state park and marina. It is very close by. That area has suited us coming from Michigan as some of my family really likes hitting up a couple of shows there, and then I can arrange the family day out on the lake from the state park and marina. I must say I have always really enjoyed the Table Top lake.

I have never been on Table Rock, but a friend of mine goes there every year with his family and fishes with a guide he knows, which is something you might consider doing for a day since the lake is foreign to you. For the few times I have visited unfamiliar waters, I have had the best success by obtaining current intel from people who do it every day for a living. Odd how the best baits and presentations can vary so much from lake to lake. JMO.

There are many to choose from. We have 2 places we are staying at so we can see different parts of the lake. About $150 a night with covered slip.

Been going to Table Rock for years where we've owned a condo for 20 years. There are many resorts with docks - you might check the Aunts Creek area for those if you want to be a little away from the Branson hustle. There are also many condos available on Indian Point (near Silver Dollar City) that also have docks - Stillwaters is a very good one. There is also a rope swing directly west of Overlook Subdivision on the lake and the rock cliff previously mentioned . If you've never been on the lake before, buy a map - it will be very helpful. There are restaurants on the water at Indian Point Marina, Flat Creek, Kimberling City (What's Up Dock), Big Cedar (Bass Pro's place), and Big M. It's a big lake so don't pass up a marina without checking your gas especially if you have a 24 gallon tank. I have a different brand of pontoon on Table Rock because it has a 52 gallon tank.

If you want a bass fishing guide, I would recommend Pete Wenners (hookedonbass.com) or Brian Snowden (if he's not out on one of the bass tournament tours). I'm sure Big Cedar has guides also. Yes, very, very occasionally you might see a snake swimming across a cove and even more rarely will one try to approach a boat - just use your trolling motor and pull away. Get a guide - it will be well worth it if you want to catch bass this time of the year!!

Of course there are the shows, but there's a lot more. Silver Dollar City, Eureka Springs, parasailing out of State Park Marina. If you want a fantastic meal away from Branson, try Flat Creek Inn - accessible by boat way up the James River arm or by car near Cape Fair, MO. Trust me, it's worth the ride. Top of the Rock has a wonderful golf cart tour through the nearby mountain. Ice cream at evening at the Chateau for a great sunset. The flagship Bass Pro Shop in Springfield MO along with Wonders Of Wildlife Museum next door.

IM me if you have any questions.

Check out Emerald Bay Condos (red circle with blue rooftops)- many owners participate in Vrbo (or the like)...it's a cozy community: quiet, peaceful, and there are 1-3 bedroom options.
You will need to specifically ask/verify for slip availability, since not all owners in the rental networks have optional slips with their rental units.
Most of the balconies are enclosed with screens, so no worry about getting swarmed during the evening or early morning while having that morning beer, errr, coffee.

It's just across the bay from State Park Marina (yellow arrow) by boat, or about a 10-15 minute drive by road.

EmeraldBayCondos.png

I have never been on Table Rock, but a friend of mine goes there every year with his family and fishes with a guide he knows, which is something you might consider doing for a day since the lake is foreign to you.
We might try the fishing guide. $375 for half day for both of us. We are rank amateurs anyway. When my wife and I talked about Table Rock vs Ouachita, I mentioned that it was unlikely Table Rock would be as good a fishing lake. She said "so what, we never catch anything anyway".

Which isn't entirely true, but close enough.
;)

Been going to Table Rock for years where we've owned a condo for 20 years. There are many resorts with docks - you might check the Aunts Creek area for those if you want to be a little away from the Branson hustle. There are also many condos available on Indian Point (near Silver Dollar City) that also have docks - Stillwaters is a very good one. There is also a rope swing directly west of Overlook Subdivision on the lake and the rock cliff previously mentioned . If you've never been on the lake before, buy a map - it will be very helpful. There are restaurants on the water at Indian Point Marina, Flat Creek, Kimberling City (What's Up Dock), Big Cedar (Bass Pro's place), and Big M. It's a big lake so don't pass up a marina without checking your gas especially if you have a 24 gallon tank. I have a different brand of pontoon on Table Rock because it has a 52 gallon tank.

If you want a bass fishing guide, I would recommend Pete Wenners (hookedonbass.com) or Brian Snowden (if he's not out on one of the bass tournament tours). I'm sure Big Cedar has guides also. Yes, very, very occasionally you might see a snake swimming across a cove and even more rarely will one try to approach a boat - just use your trolling motor and pull away. Get a guide - it will be well worth it if you want to catch bass this time of the year!!

Of course there are the shows, but there's a lot more. Silver Dollar City, Eureka Springs, parasailing out of State Park Marina. If you want a fantastic meal away from Branson, try Flat Creek Inn - accessible by boat way up the James River arm or by car near Cape Fair, MO. Trust me, it's worth the ride. Top of the Rock has a wonderful golf cart tour through the nearby mountain. Ice cream at evening at the Chateau for a great sunset. The flagship Bass Pro Shop in Springfield MO along with Wonders Of Wildlife Museum next door.

IM me if you have any questions.
Fantastic info! Thank you!
I will IM you when we get closer.

Last edited:
Back