Texoma

Butchkid

Reaction score
I was excited to see folks have experience on Texoma. My Pontoon will be delivered on April 1st or 2nd. I will have a slip on Grapevine, but I intend on exploring Texoma frequently.

1) Coming from Flower Mound Tx, any suggestions on the closest place to put the boat in on Texoma?

2) Once on the lake, I see there are several places to visit to eat. Any recommendations?

I too would like some more info on Texoma. We will be coming in Oklahoma City way via I-35. Probably put in near Kingston at Alberta Creek area. What is out there in that area to see and do? Any and all information will be appreciated.

I was excited to see folks have experience on Texoma. My Pontoon will be delivered on April 1st or 2nd. I will have a slip on Grapevine, but I intend on exploring Texoma frequently.

1) Coming from Flower Mound Tx, any suggestions on the closest place to put the boat in on Texoma?

2) Once on the lake, I see there are several places to visit to eat. Any recommendations?
I would suggest comming in on 377 north of Whitesboro to Cedar Mills Marina. Just follow the signs on 377 to get to marina. They have a boat ramp,RV camping, secure parking, ship store(ice,texoma fishing liscense)and a nice restaraunt. Buy or print a map of the lake. The islands get busy during summer months but there is always some beach available. Highport Marina also has a good place to eat. Hagerman Game Reserve is to the south of Cedar Mills but certain months do not allow boat traffic ( I don,t know which ones ). The best sunset, ( my opinion ) is at a place locals call the cross. It is just south of Soldier Creek Marina on the West shore is a large white cross. Nice view then approx. 30 to 40 min. easy boat ride back to Cedar Mills. Also explore area West of Willis Bridge (hwy 377 into OK). Let me know if you need more info.

I too would like some more info on Texoma. We will be coming in Oklahoma City way via I-35. Probably put in near Kingston at Alberta Creek area. What is out there in that area to see and do? Any and all information will be appreciated.
First thing please print or buy a lake map. From Alberta you can head east then north towards Little Glasses Marina. Nice scenery but the marinas in this area provide minimal services(gas,ice,beer,sandwiches)or go south from Alberta on the east side of Preston Point is Grandpappy Marina(restaraunt,bar, and some weekends live music on an outdoor stage).Directly south of Alberta are the Islands very busy in summertime but some beach is always available. Also Highport Marina is near the islands( good restaraunt and full service fuel dock )

Thx for that info. Will write those things down and get a map to highlight them on.

They have a nice facility to eat and refuel along with boat covers at Soldier Creek Resort on the Oklahoma side of Texoma

Bill

HighPort Marina was/is the only one I know of with Non-Ethanol Fuel ??? Also, Highport has the best parking and ramp, IMHO.

Don't forget about the west end of the lake. Just west of 377 ( Willis) bridge on the Texas side some nice bluffs to block south wind. Also sometimes less traffic on this end.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't forget about the west end of the lake. Just west of 377 ( Willis) bridge on the Texas side some nice bluffs to block south wind. Also sometimes less traffic on this end.
That is a good ramp, good parking, though parking can be limited on busy days. The wind, also can get a turbulent shot at the ramp.

Back