The End of a Great Boating Season

highpond

Reaction score
Well Wednesday was the last of our Great Boating Season. We put over 60 hours on the Benny this year not counting the hours we were at anchor. The old '03 Motor did its job to perfection.

We had two Great trips to Lake Murray, mid lands of SC and the rest at Lake Bowan.

Saturday Benny gets the winter wrap. Hate to see the season end, but I guess we'll be busy with the Holidays to think about boating. 

January dose bring us some cold weather. and in March we're thinking of having a carport put up so that we won't have to shrink wrap any more, beside adding to the value of the house

We have had First Launch the middle or March over the past 5 years and looking forward to doing the same March of 2016.

A short but long season. We see the  Snow Bunnies traveling south on I-26 trying to get away from the frost and snow up north. Guess we happy we don't have much of that during our winter.

Last edited by a moderator:
You made it a lot further than we did, we had to pull ours in early October

While living in Mass. our season didn't start until Mid June in Buzzards Bay, and the season, for the yacht Club, boats OFF the Slips by Columbis Day. That made the season 4 months. Here in the South East 7+ months. Almost wants you to buy "A BIGGER BOAT". But that's why we mover here. The Summers get into the mid plus 90's but low humidity. The spring is long as is the fall. Tried FL. one year too humid. Up here near the mountain its dry and we have great lakes for boating and with their 85+ degree temp. good swimming.

Sounds like a great area for boating and still getting 4 seasons.

First Year 100 hours (lol) it was amazing 

This year 4 hours 

Hoping to do 20x that next season 

125268988.jpg

france.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Pittsburg:

Sorry about only 20 hours. Think of them as the Greatest moments of the year. Next year, as you think ahead, now I have a chance to have those moments again X twenty. What a life.

Keep those pictures coming.

Viva La French

End of the season?  We just got our boat back from Bennington last friday after they completed some warranty work.  Yes it was a balmy 50 here in Ohio so we had to take it out for an hour or so ride before tucking it away in our dock on the lift for the winter.

Pittsburg:

Our first year of ownership we logged 138 hours......this year not quite as many but to our defense we did have a wedding (ours on June) that we were planning.  Even though we still managed to log just over 100 hours (even with the monsoon rainy summer we had) to bring our 2 year total up to 242 hours.  Our dealer says a normal boat on our lake sees about 40 hours a year.....we are ahead of the normal schedule :D   :D

Lookin' pretty spiffy:

DSCN4320_zpsowezfto7.jpg

DSCN4329_zpspszcsdbg.jpg

A few ride pics:

Notice the Christmas tree on the footbridge......YES it's a December 5th cruise

DSCN4264_zps96elpxwo.jpg

DSCN4247_zpssi99i6ci.jpg

Wife's smile says it ALL.....YES we love our boat!

DSCN4244_zpsw4lwxn3n.jpg

Some old dude  :blink:   :blink:

DSCN4245_zpsw7qltw6t.jpg

Nice going IndianLakeBum.  Seeing the way the two of you were dressed I will assume no land speed records were attempted

Land speed records on water?

We did find out that the throttle must have been misaligned when the helm was re-installed as WOT is now only 3800.  Spend a Day said it would be a quick and easy fix in the spring just to bring it over and they would take care of us.  Wasn't really to bad out on the lake since the sun was shining and the temps were in the low 50's.....real nice for a December day in Ohio.

Guess you could say we are crazy for boating in december but we are normally one of the first ones on the lake as soon as the ice is gone in the spring so cooler temps about par for us  :wacko:   :wacko:

Back