THE NEW 16'S ARE OUT.

highpond

Reaction score
NOW THAT MY BOATING SEAON HAS COME TO A CLOSE IT'S TIME TO FIND SOMETHING ELSE TO KEEP THE MIND BUSY

Has anyone seen the new designs and color schemes  on the 2016 Benningtons. I took a look at a couple yesterday. beautiful color combinations. It's like the car industry, the basics stay the same BUT somethings can change and color is one. tried to get a book but not available or the dealer is just out.

Guess I'll wait for the boat shows in January.  

I've got a 2016 and there are some nice changes this year.  While my color combo isn't with one of the new colors, the new features are very nice.  Pop-up cleats front and rear, very cool steering wheel, interior color choices, the Kicker stereo deck (and remote) is awesome and the extra brace on the hybrid bimini is done very stylish.  I'm very happy with my new pontoon.  The 2016 brochures aren't out quite yet.

If I recall correctly from last year, the new brochures weren't really ready for release to the publc until the Chicago boat show in January. Boat shows and those dealers then got the initial copies with wider releases to dealership showrooms following thereafter, once more were printed.

They have always had nice brochures and I can appreciate that it takes time to take and process all the pictures, compile it into a quality package, publish, and distribute.

I think I was able to find an electronic copy posted to the website shortly before any hard copies were available, even at the Chicago show. So you may want to keep your eyes open for that around the end of this year and into January.

By the way, if you are anxious to see a great lineup of the new boats all in one place, I recommend a trip to the Chicago show (the first real show of the season I believe). Chicago hotels are amazingly cheap that time of year (granted, kind of cold out for us used to a little warmer climate but hey, you'd primarily be indoors anyways).

There are typically 3 Bennington dealers present (Chicago, lower Wisconsin, and upper Indiana). I think there were about 16 Benningtons between them last year, all together in the same booth and a wide variety of models and features (they coordinate that to reduce duplication I believe). If you go, say hi to Greg Wyland and the guys from Wylands Marine (the northern Indiana dealer). We didn't buy from them due to their proximity to us (and we also have a great local dealer much closer by) but Greg was still incredibly helpful through our entire purchase process and very hospitable at the show.

Even if you aren't local, I think it's well worth the trip and after all, why not come spend a few tourism dollars and help stimulate our Illinois economy? Even though we're down-state, heaven knows we could use anything we can get!   :)

Back