The Saga continues!!

BulldogsCadillac

Just some guy
Reaction score
Ok all, here is the next installment of my disaster. First off, let it be said that I don't think that either Bennington nor my dealer are at fault for anything, it's just been that kind of transaction.

Ok, so my new boat (2275RCW and motor 200 SHO Yamaha)is in, waiting on the trailer. Been waiting on the trailer for quite a while. We had ordered a Heritage trailer, based on the fact that we had a Prestige trailer with our old pontoon and loved it. Since Heritage bought all of Prestige's stuff, figured it would be the same trailer. Went on Heritage's website, and all looked good, they didnt show any pics of a pontoon trailer, but how different could they be? Well, very different. I had this picture in my mind of a trailer and it wasn't even close. Don't get me wrong, it is still a very well built trailer, just not what I was expecting. So I started looking online for the trailer I pictured in my head, and this is what I came up with, and EZ Loader http://www.ezloader.com/ executive series ECAPT55002225. It seems to have everything my old trailer had and even a few more. Not sure on the ladder system, its kinda neat, just different than what I'm used to seeing. So here is the question I have for all you wonderful Benny owners...... What color should I get? My boat is Crimson Red, and since this is a custom trailer, I can paint it any color I like, which includes color matching Bennington's color choices. So I'm torn between Red and good old Black, tossed around the idea of getting it the same color as my truck, but it is the White Diamond Tricoat and one of the most expensive factory colors out there. I think the Red would be neat in the sense that you see all the wakeboard boats with trailers matched and it always looks sharp, but lets be honest, this is a WHOLE lotta trailer! Might be too much red! But it would definitely stand out! But there is another problem with red, it is one of the fastest fading colors, so how will the trailer look in 5 years? not sure, Black is classic, always looks good, but seems funny that when given the choice to paint it any color I would chose the basic Black. So what are all of your knowledgeable thoughts?

Oh, and here is another kicker, now I have to wait another 4-6 weeks to get my boat. That sucks.A lot. I figure I'm going to have it for a long time, if I have to wait a little extra in the beginning to be happy with it in the end, then I guess it is worth it.

Derrick

Derrick, go with red...with some really cool pinstripping... and lots of wax, at least once a year. Should hold up fine. Good luck and sorry you have to wait! Steve

I have a black trailer and already looks worn due to the water deposits from the lake.

My Tahoe is also white diamond and think a matching trailer would be pretty bad a%$ looking. I'd assume the factory paint will be really expensive though if the truck costs an extra $3k to lay that color.

If the white is not an option then def. get matching Benny red!

Well, the order went in, Crimson Red it is! Hopefully! Haha sure hope it matches and they don't screw up and do it in merlot! Those two might look funny together!

Derrick

Ahh, forgot in my last post, here is the next update to the saga, my dealer (West Hawk Marine) stepped up, gave me a great price on the new trailer (apparently I will be the guinea pig for them), and also have offered to let me use their shop trailer until mine shows up. Well done! Now I need to figure it all out. They are about 5 1/2 hours away, so I have to drive there, pick it up, tow it home, then when the trailer comes in, it's a tow it 5 1/2 there, and 5 1/2 back. Might cost me a fortune in fuel! Haha I know, I know, if I was worried about the price of fuel, I should have kept my 90hp instead of the new 200hp, but it's different when your spending money on fuel because your ripping around on a lake instead of rolling down the highway! I guess like most things, I'll leave that decision up to the wife! But happy the dealer is going that extra mile.

Derrick

At least while you're towing the empty trailer, you can stop to get gas and see if someone's about to back into you...

Sorry. Almost hated to bring that up!

I like the high, horizontal guides on that EZ loader trailer. I just have the 4 vertical guide posts without the top horizontal rail. I had thought about connecting them with a rail, but figured they would have done that if it helped. Now I see it on the EZ... Do they help much?

At least while you're towing the empty trailer, you can stop to get gas and see if someone's about to back into you...

Sorry. Almost hated to bring that up!
Haha good thought, but my trailer would have to have my boat on it. That's why I don't know if I want to tow it all the way there, switch trailers and tow it all the way back, and that's why it would drink the fuel! Haha I don't have a slip or cabin or anything, she sits in my driveway every night. That's why I want a good trailer. I won't know if the guides help much yet. I won't see the trailer for 4-6 weeks, just ordered it based on its Internet pictures!

Derrick

The Executive in aluminum. That would be my ticket to happiness!! Too bad it doesnt appear to be offered that way??

Last edited by a moderator:
The Executive in aluminum. That would be my ticket to happiness!! Too bad it doesnt appear to be offered that way??
I didn't see it as an option anywhere, I guess if money is no object than anything is possible, but I think it's usually just painted. Kinda torn on the ladder system, seems kind of weird. The only other thing is I don't think it has a swing away tongue, which is too bad, may only be a foot and a half or two, but can make a big difference! It's too bad really, Heritage makes some really nice trailers for normal hull boats, just don't seem to offer anything in the 'fancy' pontoon side of operations.

Derrick

There are aftermarket swing away tongue conversion kits available. The one's I've seen look to be of good quality. Too bad it's not offered as an option by the manufacturer so you get the factory appearance / paint.

I'm confused (which isn't hard to do lately). Which trailer did you end up ordering.....the Heritage or EZ Loader??

I like the ladder system of the EZ Loader Executive.

The EZ LOADER executive 55002225. In Crimson Red. With spare tire and side illumination thingy, supposedly when it is hooked to the truck, it lights up with Bennington cut out, or something like that. Dunno, those were the only options, so I figured hey, I'm already broke, what's digging the grave another 6"?

That's gonna be one good looking trailer. I bought another Hoosier last year. Structurally, it's built great. It pulls down the road great. Pretty....its not. I could've had a EZ Loader Executive in Yellow. That would've been SWEET!!

Haha good thought, but my trailer would have to have my boat on it. That's why I don't know if I want to tow it all the way there, switch trailers and tow it all the way back, and that's why it would drink the fuel! Haha I don't have a slip or cabin or anything, she sits in my driveway every night. That's why I want a good trailer. I won't know if the guides help much yet. I won't see the trailer for 4-6 weeks, just ordered it based on its Internet pictures!

Derrick
Could you just anchor the boat on the lake for a day while you switch trailers?

Could you just anchor the boat on the lake for a day while you switch trailers?
Good thought, but it's about an 11 hour round trip from my lake. It's about 50-60 minutes to my lake from my house, be a heck of a long day! Haha might just leave it there till then. Started thinking about it and for the next little bit, the wife will be pretty busy, they do all the promotional clothing,silk screening, embroidery and sell all the cowboy hats at Dauphin's Countryfest, so there might not be too many weekends that we would get to use it anyway. The good thing about not having it is then you don't feel so bad about having to work on those nice boating days because you couldn't go anyway. It would be nice if it magically showed up in the four weeks, since that would be right after the event and I have a week off so could easily do the trip to go get it! Guess we'll see how the chips fall!

Derrick

Well, I hate to make another entry to this topic, but I have no other choice. Sent boating today with friends/cousins, had a GREAT Day on the lake, finish the day, load the boat, drive home, put it in the driveway and start the 1-1.5 hour regimen of cleaning and packing the boat up. Well, I went to put the locks and chocks on the wheels and what do I see? That's right, a nice long SCRATCH AND SCUFF on the right rear fender of my nice new trailer!!! F***!!!! Why does this Crap have to happen to me! I guess someone when trying to swing their trailer around must have hit mine with their trailer, I assume they probably don't even know they did it, either that or they are pricked and figured right that I wouldn't notice until I was far away! Tick me off!

Derrick

Some people just SUCK!!

Hate to hear that. I hope your luck turns around soon. Can you buff the scratch out or touch up?

If you didn't have bad luck you wouldn't have any luck at all, sure fits here.

Hate to hear that. I hope your luck turns around soon. Can you buff the scratch out or touch up?

If you didn't have bad luck you wouldn't have any luck at all, sure fits here.
It's going to have to be touch up, it's nice and white/shiny where it was scratched, there are a few rub marks that might buff out, but have to try to find the paint! It's a Dupont Imron 5000 code SD1133. I looked on Dupont's website and couldn't find that code anywhere. I figured maybe it was a specialty, but even the black code that my dealer gave me seems to be non existent. I guess I'll have to try to get some from EZLOADER.

Derrick

Back