The second most important question.

amr7333

Reaction score
Ok, we have had the most important question raised. Now for the second most important question to be asked.

How do you like your steak and what do you want with it?

Myself, I like my steak grilled over a mesquite wood fire after it has been seasoned with a good dry rub. Pull it from the fire when it is somewhere between rare and medium rare. No sauce for me. If it cannot stand by itself, it is not a quality piece of meat. Let it sit for just a few minutes, then put it on a plate with a big baked potatoe loaded with real butter(not that fake stuff), sour cream, chives, and bacon bits. Garnish it with a nice side salad topped with either Ranch with bleu cheese or Thousand Island. To wash it down, I prefer a big glass of cool water.

As for dessert, I prefer one of two kinds, either hot dessert or cold dessert. Or sometimes, I go with the best of both worlds and have pie ala mode.

What say you? Don't limit yourself to just steak. If you have something better, please respond.

andy

A nice thick rib eye with a touch of rub and some sauteed onions (but only if we're out of baked potatoes, which I love drowned in butter - the real stuff, I agree).

Now that we have the boat, I will be smoking ribs much less (rainy weekends?). The kids love ribs. I use our Weber grill, slightly modified to "smoke" by adding a small smoker box (I use cherry wood chips), and a couple foil cake pans full of water underneath the main cooking grate. If you use the 1" foil pans, they fit directly on the flavor bars and there's still room for the main grate to sit on top. I wrap the ribs in foil (after prepping with a rub) and place them over the water pans. 3-4 hours later, unwrap the foil, mop on some barbeque sauce, place directly on the grate for another 10-15 minutes, and... Man, I wish it wasn't 10 degrees out right now...

Andy, if I ate that meal, I'd be dead within the hour. My poor, hardened arteries (propped open with several stents) would attempt a feeble defense and then wave the white flag...... all before plugging up for good. Hello bypass!

Be glad you can eat that stuff.

We just finished a nice rack of loin back ribs! Mmmmmm they were good. They were so tender, 2 bones fell out when I picked the rack up off the grill.

Even though it was really too cold out for this, I couldn't resist after Andy started this thread. That, and me not being able to stop thinking about it all morning.

My wife makes mushrooms and onions that she boils down in red wine and beef base with some garlic salt and pepper. That reduces down to a delicious thick sauce that she spreads on top of a thick ribeye that was grilled medium rare over a high flame. I normally make some shrimp in butter and old bay, that I throw on the grill for a few seconds causing the flames to shoot to the roof. Then I throw the steaks in those flames as they are reducing. Add a little asparagus at the end and throw in all on a plate with an ice cold beer in a frosty mug that is so cold that the beer freezes in a little ice cube ring around the top.

Wow. I think I just had a moment.

New York strip medium rare a bit of dry rub or nothing at all and dipped in melted butter then seared for a bit on each side to lock in juice and flavor then grill it and baste more butter one each side one more time, then sauteed mushrooms on top. :p

I do not have a sweet tooth so I rarely have dessert.

Any kind of veggie is good with me, I like them all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back