The things you see ???

SEMPERFI8387

Reaction score
So Saturday we are on our dock uncovering our boat, and I see a group of "tourists" come down on dock (walking past sign "dock owners only"). They walk down our way and stop at one of the toons and start taking photos of each other next to it. Next thing I know, THEY ARE CLIMBING ON THE BOAT, SITTING DOWN AND TAKING PHOTOS. I proceed to go up to them and in a nice way, say WTF are you doing? Do you own that boat. Get off it and get off the docks! I was so pissed!!! They were like "so sorry" ...... idiots ..... go figure???? What's the stupidest thing you've seen?

Ask them if you can come over to their house to swim in their pool......

Or can I come to your house and take pictures inside your living room?.....

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw a group of deeeerunk guys coming in off the lake they thought the covered docks were community. First they tried to pull in a slip with the lift up, they hit the lift. (We keep them up so people don't try and enter. When we are out on the lake.) then They back up and the motor dies, so they are blowing towards the dock laughing and carrying on. I look over and there is a guy in a thong trying to push off with his foot, he succeeds briefly and is doing the splits with his tidbits peking out. I start walking over, see this and turn 180...

then there is that one time a rental boat decided to run over our tow boats line...

or the time the parent and group of teenage girls accidentally bumped their boat into reverse as it inched towards our kids swimming near by...

So Saturday we are on our dock uncovering our boat, and I see a group of "tourists" come down on dock (walking past sign "dock owners only"). They walk down our way and stop at one of the toons and start taking photos of each other next to it. Next thing I know, THEY ARE CLIMBING ON THE BOAT, SITTING DOWN AND TAKING PHOTOS. I proceed to go up to them and in a nice way, say WTF are you doing? Do you own that boat. Get off it and get off the docks! I was so pissed!!! They were like "so sorry" ...... idiots ..... go figure???? What's the stupidest thing you've seen?

Oh man that would get my blood boiling for sure! Some people just don't know what is right and wrong.

The dumbest, and most dangerous, thing I've ever seen was about 10 years ago. There was a pontoon loaded with teenagers buzzing around the lake and one of the boys was hanging off the front with his whole body in the water, while the pontoon was underway. The driver kept speed up and slowing down trying to shake the kid loose. Just absolute idiocy! 

Yikes!

Those kids never gave it a thought about what that idiot was going to look like when he came loose and went through the egg beater at the other end. :(

The "driver" of the boat probably figured he could stop it in time. Ha!

Those kids never gave it a thought about what that idiot was going to look like when he came loose and went through the egg beater at the other end. :(

Yup. At 20 mph, boat covers about 30' in one second.  You can't even react fast enough. That's longer than the average pontoon in less than a second .....

Ask them if you can come over to their house to swim in their pool......

Or can I come to your house and take pictures inside your living room?.....

Panthergirl said we should have followed them to their car, climbed in it and start taking pics .......  :wacko:

Happened in OC last year. A group of people rented a pontoon for a day. On the way back from Assateague there were several kids riding up front with their feet in the water. One of the kids was thrown off when the boat encountered another boats wake. That 8yr. old went under the boat and was sliced up badly. The child died! PLEASE DO NOT ALLOW ANYONE TO RIDE OUTSIDE THE FENCING AT ANY SPEED!!!!!

On a lighter note,several years ago. I dropped the kids of at a bar named Seacrets. I went in for a drink with some friends that rode with me. Ended coming out an hour later to find a naked couple having sex on the floor. As I came in the side door,my buddy was untying the bow lines. As the couple stood up trying to gather clothing. My buddy opened the front gate and announced "I guess  you have to do the walk of shame to the young lady" while the guy was offering to buy us a drink. It's amazing how that little sun dress slipped on as she walked to the front gate.

Second part of this outing that wasn't fun,my buddy told our wives about it over breakfast. So guess who had to RUG DOCTOR the carpet on the old boat before they would go out again. 

And I didn't even get mad! LOL

Most dangerous and stupid  thiing I have seen was last year. I get back to my covered slip  to apark my boat and I have boats in a row behind my slip also. A group of people on my side 4 boats down are swimming , probably 6 to 8 people,  between the two rows of boats. I was beside myself. I go up to the owner and am like WTF,  why are you not stopping that there is electricity everywhere? He is like I know. I could not take it anymore and I stopped and said you have to get out of that water, you are putting lives in danger. They did not get it and blew me off.  I came back later that evening and they were swimming still. That was the day I decided to change marina's. I had to back my boat out and told them to get out of the water while I did it. A bunch of snickering but they did it.  Other than being electrocuted, I can't thing of dirtier place to swim than at a marina. A big beautiful lake and they have a boat and they are swimming off docks at the marina.

Panthergirl said we should have followed them to their car, climbed in it and start taking pics .......  :wacko:

Best idea ever!   :lol:

On a lighter note,several years ago. I dropped the kids of at a bar named Seacrets. I went in for a drink with some friends that rode with me. Ended coming out an hour later to find a naked couple having sex on the floor. As I came in the side door,my buddy was untying the bow lines. As the couple stood up trying to gather clothing. My buddy opened the front gate and announced "I guess  you have to do the walk of shame to the young lady" while the guy was offering to buy us a drink. It's amazing how that little sun dress slipped on as she walked to the front gate.

Second part of this outing that wasn't fun,my buddy told our wives about it over breakfast. So guess who had to RUG DOCTOR the carpet on the old boat before they would go out again. 

And I didn't even get mad! LOL

You see how all of us guys liked that story?  Please, tell us another one. It doesn't even have to be true. :D

And drop a deuce on the front seat!

We have two small islands that are fairly close to a park that's waterfront. Kids always try to swim out there and have to stop in the middle for a break. Problem is that is where all the boat traffic goes through due to being a small lake. One time we were out there this one kept bobbing under water in the channel. I asked if he was ok and he said yes. I told him to keep his head above water so boats see him. He kept bobbing under anyway. I parked the pontoon perpendicular to boat traffic to slow things down and shield him. Darwin was right.

I also had a boat load of underage drinkers drifting at our boat twice...by the same boat. They set anchor up wind, it didn't bite but they were too busy being dumb to notice. As they drifted within 25ft of hitting us they moved back to the same spot and started it all over again. This time they literally drifted right into us to the point we were holding their boat from hitting ours. There was this little punk a@@ B kid sitting there while me and my pregnant wife at the time are doing all the work. I told him to get off his ass now and help push off. I should have called the cops on them.

I almost got taken out by a drunk in a speed boat too while I was on our jet ski. He then proceeded to yell at me like it was my fault. I can't stand those who over indulge on the lake.

Happened in OC last year. A group of people rented a pontoon for a day. On the way back from Assateague there were several kids riding up front with their feet in the water. One of the kids was thrown off when the boat encountered another boats wake. That 8yr. old went under the boat and was sliced up badly. The child died! PLEASE DO NOT ALLOW ANYONE TO RIDE OUTSIDE THE FENCING AT ANY SPEED!!!!!

Hated to hit the "Like this" button on a story like this, but it's one that needs to be told over and over and over and over and over and over and over.......

Unfortunately, the more time you spend on the water, the more of these stories you have to tell. For me, most of them have occurred on holiday weekends (go figure). 

Once rescued an elderly man about a half mile off shore. It was quite a windy evening and he was sailing alone when he fell out without a life preserver. From quite a distance, I noticed that the sail boat had turned on its side, but after some time when it didn't right itself, I thought I'd better investigate. When I found no one around, I started combing the area and came upon him trying to stay afloat several hundred yards away. He was so exhausted that he could barely hold onto the float I threw him. Had to put on a life preserver myself and pull him in the boat. Shook me up almost as much as it did him.

Mine was at the ramp, but still an idiot, cause every now and then you see them there.  Sitting at the courtesy dock waiting for friends to come back with a pizza.  Full size GM van, conversion type, 1500 series, pulling an older deeeeep V cruiser 27-28', and a two up jet ski trailer behind that.  Proceeds to back it all down the ramp, well, try and try and try again, again, again, you get the picture.  Of course, this took up two lanes of a 4 lane ramp on a summer Friday afternoon.  Finally gets the skis afloat, and then the fun ensues.  No posi, one tire going up in smoke, back down a little try again, smoke again, again, again, you get the picture, he finally gets out.  All the while, one ski is out and idling around, the other wont start.  Of course, they are standing in the water in the lane of the ramp, just a crankin and crankin, you get the, oh never mind.  Finally,,, kills the battery.  Go get the portable, kills the portable.  Pizza shows up, I'm gone.  I'll never claim to be a genius... I am so damn glad i'm not a freaking IDIOT.  But if you are... do you know it???     

You see how all of us guys liked that story?  Please, tell us another one. It doesn't even have to be true. :D

That's an absolute true story! The place really gets wild during the summer,especially during the Holidays. You all need to check out the web site,https://seacrets.com/ And might be worth your time checking out the web cams at night.The only way I will go there in the summer is by boat. Otherwise there can be up to an hour or more wait to get in the place.

As far as other stories, NOT ON THIS FORUM. But if you would like to visit OC,look me up and I'll show you around. 

That's an absolute true story! The place really gets wild during the summer,especially during the Holidays. You all need to check out the web site,https://seacrets.com/ And might be worth your time checking out the web cams at night.The only way I will go there in the summer is by boat. Otherwise there can be up to an hour or more wait to get in the place.

As far as other stories, NOT ON THIS FORUM. But if you would like to visit OC,look me up and I'll show you around. 

Been to Seacrets Blderbob. Years ago. Remember Don and Mike from the once Nationally syndicated radio show in the DC area (106.7 The Fan) They used to broadcast from there a couple times a year and we just happen to be there 4 one of their shows.......Wild place! 

OC was the place growing up! That was the highlight of the summer back then! Used to stay in a condo on 132nd St. and going to the Boardwalk was a must........

Back