Tick tock! Boat Delivered to House for Some Prep!

I really do want to spend a lot of time out there. I can't believe I'm saying this, but the concept of taking the cover off to sit in it for an hour and then put the cover back on is not appealing. Already! I already feel that way. That's crazy. To answer your question, yes I did watch the video several times. It was playing in my mind as I was working with the cover.
The cover gets easier as you get the hang of it. For some reason, it is much easier installing when above the cover and pushing the clips down for me. My wife and I can now put the cover on in a few minutes.

She was dropped off this morning! I asked the marina if they could deliver her from winter storage to my house for two weeks of prep before they take her to the slip. I spent the day learning the biminis/boots and the cover (what a b#@$% that thing is!), checking everything out, vacuuming a million tiny aluminum shavings (what’s that about, Bennington?), and sitting in it reading the manuals... waving to my neighbors. What a great day! For those of you who follow my questions, I tried to remove the Allen screw that prevents full swiveling of the helm chair... but there is a NUT inside the base pole! Argh! The screw just spins and spins And won’t come out. I am able to snake my finger tips down the seat pole and can feel the nut spinning; not sure if I can get a wrench down there. Can I easily take the seat top off?

View attachment 29537
Love the full top - you will enjoy that.

DUDE! I’m a Gen X’er! 53 years of experience, baby!
Haha, wasn't saying YOU were a millennial, but that would be a millennials answer to being told to build an ark!

Love your boat, AU (that VMax looks so awesome) - cheers to many, many years of fun memories for you!

P.S. Much easier to do the cover dockside vs. up on blocks. That will be a difference maker for you to once you are in your slip.

Your grass looks very green, do you fertilize it or put pre-emergence on it to make it come out early, down here in Alabama mine is still partially dormant
5-step Scotts plan. Spring, 2 summers, grub, and fall-winter prep. And mine STILL isn't the nicest in the neighborhood!

If you can't just pull the seat/swivel straight up from the pedestal, you should be able to take out some screws (four maybe?) that attach the swivel to the chair itself, and then have access to the inner nut. Just guessing but these are fairly rudimentary designs so it will come apart in sections without much effort.

If that set allen screw is also keeping the chair/swivel attached to the base though, obviously you'll need another solution besides gravity if you hit some bumpy situations.
Actually, I figured out the seat comes right off. Took out the bolt, put the seat back on, and I'm at full swivel!

Very nice! When was your order date?
Ordered mid-September. Built mid-December. Delivered early January and put into marina storage. Asked them to deliver to the house so I could clean it up and get it ready.

Hey man the cover will get easier every time you do it. Did you see Semper's instructional video?!? You're going to sleep out there aren't you?!?

And take this for what it’s worth to you. Be able to install the mooring cover while in the water. You never know when you’ll need it. This is when one of those gulf storms blew in and caught us off guard.

B9433025-A500-4EBF-8D9D-1F866B04020D.jpegE6E62790-A05F-49E1-9CD3-F5ACBECA1487.jpegD5E67F8F-9EDC-4708-A807-DC74CB2E0138.jpegEEE5B555-62FD-4C03-92D2-F4702B18FBF3.jpeg

Last edited:
I’d take a nap under there until the storm passed!

You'll be all right! For me the cover is no problem. My wife and I have it down! It's the double Bimini that we have to get used to. We left it open all year last year. Ha!
I'm the lazy one.
Bimini stays up and cover stays off all summer unless a major storm is coming. I like to relax on the boat at my dock in the evenings - I consider it my extended living room So, No I am not constantly taking that cover on and off.

What type of wrench did you use to remove the bolt, and how did you do it?
It was an allen wrench on the outside, and pliers on the inside. Easy Peasy. I don't know the size of the allen wrench as mine are all loose in a bag. I found one that fit, held the nut with the pliers, and spun it off.

It only took a few words from my wife to TOTALLY and COMPLETELY change my perspective on my emerging complaining about the mooring cover. I said, "Aw, it stinks having to put on and take off that dang cover!" To which she said, "You should be saying, 'I can't believe I GET to put on and take off a mooring cover on my brand new boat!'" Wow. True words. I am a complete convert now... I LOVE being on my boat no matter WHAT I'm doing! Thanks, honey!
20210408_114317.jpg

Today I played with the Simrad while under the cover.

I never thought I would love this cover so much. Able to bring it just above the boat deck, so I could get some light in while playing around on the boat and out of the windy weather today.

Attachments

• IMG_4503.jpeg
    IMG_4503.jpeg
    93.8 KB · Views: 22
Back