Tight Mooring Cover

SLXJOE

Reaction score
Our boat is new. It's only a couple of weeks old. Our problem is when we put on the mooring cover and try to zip up over the door it always comes up short to the point that if my wife and I pull with all our might we can get the zipper zipped but it's so strained we are afraid of either ripping at the zipper or having the zipper fail completely. We have put it on 4 times and its always the same. Has anyone else experienced this? Does the cover stretch with time?

That is minimally our experience IF you are trying to tighten everything up AND attach every quick clip/snap clip AND putting all pulls up AND then trying to exit door.

What works for us:

1) Keep door zipper closed/zipped shut. Just make it a non-issue (Does make crawling out door when done more cramped…).

2) Lay out cover. Do loose tie ups around starboard side bimini supports. Do snaps in front and most (but not every) quick clip on starboard side.

3) Retie tightly the strings around bimini supports.

4) Snap back of mooring cover, so now we are down to dockside on port side of boat.

5) Tightly tie stings around port side bimini supports.

6) Secure as many of the quick ties (excluding the 2 on our door as best we can.

7) Go inside and put mooring cover support poles up as hight as we can get them and lock them in.

8) Exit door.

I am sure many variations work for a variety of people. This is just what we do as we had that issue early on in ownership too. Good luck!!!

Thanks for the response. The way you explained it makes sense. We will give it a try. It should make it a lot easier.
Have a great evening. Thanks again.

We leave ours zipped, work front to back and exit the rear door. We actually use the zipper as a starting point to know where to line up

Back