Too close for comfort!

BigKahuna

Reaction score
Oh my! Hope they find the cause of this one and the one in PA. Pretty scary to think you house could explode like it got bombed.

Oh my! Hope they find the cause of this one and the one in PA. Pretty scary to think you house could explode like it got bombed.
Heard the one in PA was caused by a leaking gas line to a water heater. Here the investigators are of course are looking for a natural gas leak. How much gas does it take to bring down a 6300+ sq. foot home instantly without the occupants smelling it???

Just an FYI, from personal experience, a gas leak, in our case propane, can smell like a dead animal and not the so called sulfur/rotten egg smell that is generally thought. We had this occur and only figured it out that it was a leak and not a dead animal about 36 hours later. We were lucky it did not explode and now have monitors. Gas is no longer used in the house.

Last edited:
Daril, I thought about you when I heard where it was. Knew it was pretty close to your house and in your neighborhood.

I saw FoxNews is reporting that it was a gas leak that caused it. The homeowner is a Tennessee Titan football player who had just bought it for his dad, who was killed in the explosion. He lost his mom a few years ago and is now heartbroken that his dad died in the house he bought for him.

Daril, I thought about you when I heard where it was. Knew it was pretty close to your house and in your neighborhood.

I saw FoxNews is reporting that it was a gas leak that caused it. The homeowner is a Tennessee Titan football player who had just bought it for his dad, who was killed in the explosion. He lost his mom a few years ago and is now heartbroken that his dad died in the house he bought for him.
Yup we walked down there in time to see 1st responders putting the survivor in the ambulance. He originally told rescuers he was the only person in the house. But the father was facetiming a friend at the time of the explosion and that person came to the scene and told firefighters that he was in the residence. They found him about 5-6 hrs. later. We met Caleb, the football player, and his father's brother when we took them lunch and drinks the next day. Such a sad event that could have happened to any house on our loop. It's just amazing to me how powerful that explosion was to take down a 6300+ sq ft. house down instantly!

Fire investigators determined that the explosion was caused by natural gas.

Back