Total length of a 20SLM

AWK

Reaction score
Still waiting for my boat, but it is at the dealer now! I trying figure out winter storage and was wondering if any know the total length of a the 20SLM with a 90 Yamaha. Specs say LOA is 20 fet 5 inches. Not thinking that includes the motor.

AWK

Don't forget the trailer tongue.

Don't forget the trailer tongue.
I planning on dropping this boat on risers and store the trailer outside. Your right though, that tongue eats up space. Very expensive if you rent space! I was finishing up my Boater safety course last night and it went over how boats are measured, so I am confident now that this boat WON'T fit (darn it). I was hoping to have it close all winter.

AWK

If using a bunk style trailer, not only are the boat/motor/trailer very long--they're very tall. Even if the garage is long enough, they often won't fit through a 7' tall garage door even with the bimini fully folded.

I was looking at my old pontoon yesterday (with a hard top.) The boat looks like it's 13'-14' tall. Pontoons are just huge things requiring large storage spaces. It's hard to believe they only weigh 2500-3500 lbs.

If using a bunk style trailer, not only are the boat/motor/trailer very long--they're very tall. Even if the garage is long enough, they often won't fit through a 7' tall garage door even with the bimini fully folded.

I was looking at my old pontoon yesterday (with a hard top.) The boat looks like it's 13'-14' tall. Pontoons are just huge things requiring large storage spaces. It's hard to believe they only weigh 2500-3500 lbs.
Yeah, my existing GillGetter (6x15), I have to remove the windshield and my steering wheel still only clears by about 1/2 inch going in a 8x7 door.

My Benni will definitely be stored elsewhere..... :(

I planning on dropping this boat on risers and store the trailer outside. Your right though, that tongue eats up space. Very expensive if you rent space! I was finishing up my Boater safety course last night and it went over how boats are measured, so I am confident now that this boat WON'T fit (darn it). I was hoping to have it close all winter.

AWK
If need be, invest in a folding tongue bracket, may save 3-4 feet depending on trailer.

Back