Trailer Bunk Board replacement option

Wild and Free

Reaction score
I have been searching for a good upgrade from carpeted wooden bunks and I have been using some pvc product that screwed to the top of the bunk but in the end they are still wood bunks that rot out so had been searching for another product and think I found the product I am going to replace my bunks with. I just ordered a full set of 2X4 bunks so will let folks know what they are like in a few weeks when they get put on. I am keeping the center bunk 2X6 wood for now as they have been a non issue but the outer bunks are always pulling off from rusted off screws or bad wood.

www.ultimatebunkboards.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Got them at my house a few days ago and since yesterday had 25-35 mph winds blowing I unloaded the toon at my marina and with permission they were nice enough to let me use a spot overnight at the courtesy dock, was a slow weekend with cooler temps and wind so it was ok.

Got the trailer home stripped off the old bunks and got the new ones all measured and drilled and countersunk and bolted in place, these things are excellent quality and are wood grained look on all four sides. They drilled very easily too. Got that done, and installed new LED tail lights and replace the red fender mounted marker lights with LED as well, also redid my upright guide on posts, used 4 inch schedule 40 pvc pipe to go over the steel uprights. Greased up the bearing buddies and suspension rechecked tire pressure and wheel torques too.

Jump to this morning went to town to load the toon back up and holy WOW!!!!! the toon loaded up all the way backed in the same distance as usual and it took only a bit off idle to slide it on where usually it would have taken half to 3/4 throttle to power it up even with ez slides spaced about every 8-10 inches on all bunks. Took all the ez slide pads off the bunks I removed and made a solid long run on both center tube bunks with them.

Bottom line from one load up and high quality of these bunks is anyone wanting to replace their carpeted wooden bunks this is the way to go hands down, I have been looking at aLL THE DIFFERENT OPTIONS FOR SEVERAL YEARS AND THIS IS THE ONLY ONE THAT MET MY EXPECTATIONS without looking cheezy.

I will revisit this to let folks know how they do after some road time and several load cycles.

Last edited by a moderator:
No pics, I thought about it but was so busy trying to get everything done I forgot. Next time I get to the water and get the boat unloaded I will try and get some to show how I did things if I have a camera with.

Back