Trailer without power

Newben2021

Reaction score
Any ideas, hints and/or suggestions to trailer our 23 foot Tri-toon without power. I could easily launch and retrieve our old bow rider by hand but not sure about a tri-toon. (Lost a SeaStar hydraulic line yesterday and may have to drag it to the dealer if I can’t get it repaired in the slip).

Any ideas or coaching would be greatly appreciated…thank you.

A lot of us float our tritoons off, then back on, our trailers. I will never power one on. Get the trailer far enough in the water, and it will just float off and on with minimum guidance. Really shallow ramps will be a problem, though. And, obviously, a ramp without an adjacent dock. You learn where to go and not to go. If this is what you are talking about.

So you need to get your boat to the boat landing without steering. Is that it? One creative way might be to steer the motor by hand with the help of a throttle-man. You will need to remove cover for a hand hold. If the motor is not currently free to turn you will need to void the steer cylinder by turning the wheel. The official method might be to just tow it in but that’s too simple and no fun.

Thanks. Quick ? - how do I void the steering cylinder? Right now the wheel turns/spins freely..,Absolutely no hint of steering.

It’s in the slip, but I’m going to have to drag it out if I can’t get it repaired at the dock.

A lot of us float our tritoons off, then back on, our trailers. I will never power one on. Get the trailer far enough in the water, and it will just float off and on with minimum guidance. Really shallow ramps will be a problem, though. And, obviously, a ramp without an adjacent dock. You learn where to go and not to go. If this is what you are talking about.
Thanks. I’m hoping I can float it on, but pulling it from the courtesy dock & lining up to the bunks (from a float) is gonna be tricky…

I have heard of people who have lost steering and in desperation have steered the boat by turning the big motor by hand. That is kind of a desperate move that is fun to talk about but may not be appropriate to solve your originally stated problem “trailer without power”.

Back