Transducer wire

Pack1966

Reaction score
I never know which forum to put stuff in, so i'll try here. Sorry if this is an old subject for some. Didn't see any posts like it. Anyway I pick up my new 2275gl this spring and have a Lowrance elite 5 dsi. Does anyone know if the transducer cable will be long enough to reach from the helm mount to the port abaft pontoon location for the transponder head. I know it goes on the mount for a live well pump. The cable is twenty feet long. second question, any experience in installing the unit on the dash like the factory garmin is would be appreciated. I will be removing it to take to Fl for ocean kayak fishing once a year so any suggestions for easy mounting on the Benny would help. I will leave the transducer on the Benny and buy a second one for Fl.

Pack,

I have a Bennington 2012 22 SSI and I install a Lowrance Mark 4 Combo. The standard 20ft transducer cable was about 3 ft too short. Had to order the extension cable, My transducer mounts on the port pontoon plate where the live well pump is. I didn't cut the helm, I mounted the head unit using the left cup holder with the wires running down through the cup hold and under the dash. Our dash/helm had 2 cup holders, so I sacrificed one of them! We ordered the boat without the standard garmin unit.

RiverBill

Thanks River Bill. Thought that would be the case. Looks like I need an extension.

Back