Trim adjustment question

Myvizsladog

Reaction score
Yesterday I parked by boat along a beach line that requires you to bring your motor up as high as possible since it gets very shallow in a hurry. I typically raise the motor and coast in and beach the pontoon by hand in order to avoid any possible prop damage. As I'm walking behind the boat I thought damn it looks like the front (boat side) of the motor is resting on the stern. Sure enough it was and there was a nice scratch on the motor casing and a slight indentation from trimming it too high. My question before I call the dealer is: 1st shouldn't there be a "stop" so this can be avoided and secondly can it be easily adjusted so this doesn't happen again? Appreciate any input.

Well that stinks! As for a stop, yes it should have a trim limit switch as far as i know. At least other boats i have owned did.

Talk to your dealer to confirm this, and have them adjust it so it stops before doing any more damage.

I agree should have a stop. One question I have is, was the motor straight or turned one way or the other? Mine gets extremely close when turned due to the corners of the cover, but still doesn't touch.

Bigtop, I put a call into the dealer. The engine was straight and I've had boats also that have come close with the motor turned but still they wouldn't hit. I'm glad I caught it before it happened again and I'll definitely be careful until it's fixed.

Just got off the phone with the dealer and evidently because it is a Verado the trim limiter has to be set via a computer program. Most engines can be handled manually although the Verado is an exception.

Wow, I would think this is a dealer issue which he should be liable for a new cover. Dealers install motors, therefore it should have been adjusted properly before delivery.

Best of luck.

Back