Triple Toon Upgrade

Randy@LKN

Reaction score
My apologies if this thread exists elsewhere, but I wanted to tap the talent of the forum for a discussion around pontoons.

I recently purchased a 25 foot Bennington with a 150hp Yamaha outboard which gets pretty good performance.

One of the reasons I was interested in the boat is that the outboard was larger than the standard 115hp and the fact that Bennington has an aftermarket triple toon option (I'm told by Lake Norman Marina) that bolts up for about $3k

My question is, what kind of additional stability and performance can I expect if I were to opt for this center pontoon over the 32MPH I get with my present configuration? I don't know if the eliptical toon is an option here...

Randy

B)

Hey Randy, we're on Lake Norman also. I'm not sure if you're going to go faster but you'll get a better ride and it will handle the waves better. We have a 2275rl that goes 39mph with a 150 and the rl is a heavy boat.

I agree. My tripple is in it's element when the waves get big. I live in Michigan and last summer I had mine in Burt and Mullet Lakes and even into Lake Huron briefly. Handles like a dream in rough water. Also, normally when people step on to a pontoon boat that has (only) two pontoons, there is quite alot of rocking back and forth....not with a tripple....even with large people. I'll never own a pontoon again that isn't a tripple (and my last one was only a dual.

Back