Tube Recommendation

RedRaiderTooner

Reaction score
Greetings all,

I am looking for a 2 person tube where both occupants can sit up. Cup holders would be nice. Which brand/model do you recommend? It will be used with adults and children. Dea doo? Airheadz?

My 22 SLi has the ski tow bar. Any ideas on the type of rope to use? Thanks.

Will

Last edited by a moderator:
My family loves the Big Mabel. Great fun for all ages. You can have a comfortable ride for the older folks yet crank it up for the kids. As for the tow rope just make sure you get one rated for the proper towing capacity.

Check out the "HO Havoc" hands down one of the best stay away from the round intertube types, they tend to pull hard and submerge more often and are not as comfortable or easy to board..

Edit, I see you want a casual tube and not a fun tube, I am not sure on those options.

Last edited by a moderator:
+1 for the Big Mabel. Here are a couple of pics of ours in use. Hope this helps.

Easy Mabeling.jpgFast Mabeling.jpg

For two or more person sit up I have the "Great Big Brawler" . There have been some quality issues with the other brands. The Big Brawler has perfect reviews and it's made very well. Very, Very stable tube too, you really have to get heavy on the gas and hit wakes if you want to excite someone. For that reason we also have an airhead Rip II single person "tube". The back end of the tube is open, so it's easy to get on and it has steering fins on the bottom. This allows the rider to zig zag himself so you don't have to make the boat do that work. I have a 2250 with 115 merc 4stroke. I am using the 3 person Brawler and can tell you it takes 5500 rpm to keep a tube like that moving well. The airhead 1 person is allot more fun and allot easier on the boat too, pull at 3500 - 4000 rpm will get a good ride. I also suggest you get a good pump. Have a read on the thread titled "tow bar rating...or something close to that. Or look for the towing thread with me as the thread author. Some good info on using a tube.

I finally took the time and bought a tube and demoed this past weekend with the family. I went with the Seadoo 020 2 man tube. Heavy duty quality, wife and the daughter love it. I also went with a West Marine pump which runs of the DC charger in the boat. It blew up the entire tube in about 20 seconds. As for a tow rope, went with a heavy duty bungie cord that is 50 ft. Awesome!!!

Thanks you all for your help and input. The Big Mabel is nice, but a little larger for my family.

Will

Back