Twin Elliptical Information Please!

Reaction score
Hi - We have a shallow water docking situation, such that we have now ordered the twin elliptical 23' Fastback, primarily for the shallowest draft available from Bennington. It seemed that the trip tune config with the elliptical center tube offset the depth advantage of the twin elliptical configuration, because of the added weight of the center tube.... I am now curious to learn of your experience with performance - will there be a difference in operation with the elliptical twin vs standard 25' tubes? I did order the performance foils.... thanks for your input!

We have the elliptical toons with the lifting strakes. The ride and performance has been great. 39 mph with a 150. The elliptical have 1000lb of addition buoyancy which is a plus. The boat will turn flat. It will not carve a turn like the tri toons. You will need to experience a high speed turn to understand the dynamics of a flat turn.

What Bruce said

In published reports from Bennington the fastest speed with their 22 was accomplished with elliptical tubes. With a very light load they recorded mid 30's with a 115 Yamaha and a tad over 40 with a Yamaha 150.
Their surface area, buoyancy and weight seem to be the best combination for top speed but will not corner like the tri toon.
For a cruiser they are hard to beat and yes the fast flat turn is an attention getter...

To the OP, after re-reading your post, you mentioned the weight of the center elliptical tube if I read it right. Are we talking about different things as the twin elliptical does NOT have a center tube.. Maybe I am confused...and my above post was in reference to the twin 32" elliptical in Bennington's catalog and in their performance tests...

My former 22' with regular 25" toons, full lifting strakes and a 115 did 35 with a light load.

If you are talking fenders IMO the bigger the better and I love my EZ Fenders for the attachment

Back