Underwater lighting package

mtudb24

Reaction score
So I ordered a new 2011 RCW with the underwater lighting package. However, dealer no website has any pictures of this option. Does anyone here have any pictures? Where do they insall? In the tubes or under the rear deck.

Thanks

Todd

So I ordered a new 2011 RCW with the underwater lighting package. However, dealer no website has any pictures of this option. Does anyone here have any pictures? Where do they insall? In the tubes or under the rear deck.

Thanks

Todd
Hello 24, the underwater lighting installs at the bottom of the stern tubes and illuminates blue under water. We also offer a side illumination harness (dealer installs lights to harness) that illuminates from the bottom of the deck to the top of the water.

Here are home-brewed pictures.

Blue lights.pdf

Attachments

• Blue lights.pdf
    437.1 KB · Views: 736
Last edited:
Is that something that is easy to add after I pick my boat up or is it a factory option?

Oh man, I wish I had known about this earlier. The pics look so neat. That would be a nice addition.

I did order that side iillumination package but the salesman wasn't quite sure what it was. Now I know and am even more excited about getting this boat

Thanks for the great reply

Todd

I'm still a little confused on the side harness lighting. I did order this option last week, but I'm not exactly sure what I will get with this. My dealer thought that there is a harness that is installed, but the lighting does not come with this. He said I would have to install the lighting myself or have them do it, because the lighting does not come with the side harness lighting option.

So what is the real answer to this. What comes with the side harness lighting option and what doesn't?

Thanks!

I'm still a little confused on the side harness lighting. I did order this option last week, but I'm not exactly sure what I will get with this. My dealer thought that there is a harness that is installed, but the lighting does not come with this. He said I would have to install the lighting myself or have them do it, because the lighting does not come with the side harness lighting option.

So what is the real answer to this. What comes with the side harness lighting option and what doesn't?

Thanks!
The option is only for the harness. The lights are dealer installed for the side illumiation. My dealer said its another 600 bucks.

They are going to do ours. As soon as the bot comes in, I'll send pictures

Todd

The option is only for the harness. The lights are dealer installed for the side illumiation. My dealer said its another 600 bucks.

They are going to do ours. As soon as the bot comes in, I'll send pictures

Todd
Thanks for the information. I might have to wait on those lights if it's another $600 to have the dealer install them. Wondering if this is something that can easily be done myself at a later time since the harness will be installed??? It definitely would look sweet having it though. Please send pics when done.

Hello 24, the underwater lighting installs at the bottom of the stern tubes and illuminates blue under water. We also offer a side illumination harness (dealer installs lights to harness) that illuminates from the bottom of the deck to the top of the water.

Here are home-brewed pictures.
What do us folks do that bought our pontoon without the underwater option and want to add it? I think there is something to bolt to on the port side of the toon, but nothing on the starboard. Is something welded on there from the factory if you order the underwater package? How can I get that now?

Also side lighting. Can I order a side illumination harness? Where and how?

Jeff

2012 2574 GCW

What do us folks do that bought our pontoon without the underwater option and want to add it? I think there is something to bolt to on the port side of the toon, but nothing on the starboard. Is something welded on there from the factory if you order the underwater package? How can I get that now?

Also side lighting. Can I order a side illumination harness? Where and how?

Jeff

2012 2574 GCW
Hey Jeff. Check the gallery on page 2 of most viewed pictures. Third row down, under "Honda just mounted" and "Honda install", you can see my underwater lights. Gerry

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Jeff. Check the gallery on page 2 of most viewed pictures. Third row down, under "Honda just mounted" and "Honda install", you can see my underwater lights. Gerry
Thanks Gerry! That little square mount is the thing that I do not have on the back of my starboard pontoon. Am I up the creek? Can I buy one of those and have it welded on? Can these toons be welded on after delivery? I hear that some toons you cannot weld on due to foam or other stuff on the inside of the toons.

Thanks Gerry! That little square mount is the thing that I do not have on the back of my starboard pontoon. Am I up the creek? Can I buy one of those and have it welded on? Can these toons be welded on after delivery? I hear that some toons you cannot weld on due to foam or other stuff on the inside of the toons.
I would be very very careful welding to a toon. Your dealer should have a competent welder either on-site or to someone he subs out to. You can burn through very easily. Yes, generally only a sngle bracket is attached to the port toon for gauges, etc. Good luck Gerry (p.s. They are very neat at night)

Last edited by a moderator:
DSC02516.jpg

Back