Upholstery Puncture Repair

rehlingc

Reaction score
I have a very small (less than 1/4 of an inch) puncture in my Bennington upholstery. I plan to attempt to repair it myself, just cover the hole with regular leather adhesive that would be used to cover a hole that size on furniture or auto leather. Before I do though, I wanted to ask if anyone has tried this before, and if so, is regular leather adhesive appropriate for Bennington material or is there something else I should be looking for to repair this puncture? Thanks!

I have a very small (less than 1/4 of an inch) puncture in my Bennington upholstery. I plan to attempt to repair it myself, just cover the hole with regular leather adhesive that would be used to cover a hole that size on furniture or auto leather. Before I do though, I wanted to ask if anyone has tried this before, and if so, is regular leather adhesive appropriate for Bennington material or is there something else I should be looking for to repair this puncture? Thanks!
Welcome to the forum Rehlingc! Do you have vinyl or Simtex seating?!?

Thanks. I have a 2013 22 SLX. The documentation says it is Syntec.
I would say that leather adhesive would work if it was the vinyl seating. Not so sure if that would work on the newer Simtex material. Other members will chime in soon.......

They make adhesive for vinyl. I would lean towards one that is made for vinyl, but leather adhesive might work as well.

I repaired a 1" rip in my Ranger bass boat vinyl seat with UV curable cement. I just butted the ends together, shined the light, and glued. No patch. It is still holding after over 2 years.
Still surprises me.
TT

Back