Vantage pontoon protection

OK guys,

Here are four photos of the Megaware Pontoon Guard. First off, I am in no way bashing the Vantage product. I have zero doubt it's a great product. I just couldn't see spending $2k for the installed product.

I ordered the gray Pontoon Guard, as I figured it would best blend in with the aluminum tubes. Installation was relatively easy. It seemed as though I spent much of the time doing the tape layout. The front of the guard is rounded and beveled. The back is straight cut, as you cut to fit the length of the tubes. It's been installed since mid May, and it looks like the day I installed it.

If anyone has any questions, fire away!

Jeff

Attachments

• IMG_1611.jpg
    IMG_1611.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_1612.jpg
    IMG_1612.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_1613.jpg
    IMG_1613.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_1614.jpg
    IMG_1614.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 90
OK guys,

Here are four photos of the Megaware Pontoon Guard. First off, I am in no way bashing the Vantage product. I have zero doubt it's a great product. I just couldn't see spending $2k for the installed product.

I ordered the gray Pontoon Guard, as I figured it would best blend in with the aluminum tubes. Installation was relatively easy. It seemed as though I spent much of the time doing the tape layout. The front of the guard is rounded and beveled. The back is straight cut, as you cut to fit the length of the tubes. It's been installed since mid May, and it looks like the day I installed it.

Jeff
Forgive me for asking but is there a vinyl wrap on the top part or is it just the rubber bumper on the middle of the tubes? Looks good!

Looks like no vinyl wrap above the bumper. Nice looking and will save some scratches, but less coverage than Vantage (which is also more expensive). Nice to have both options depending on need. Thanks for sharing the pictures. Very helpful.

Pbakk, you're correct in that the Megaware solution is only the bumper. With UltraLegs I don't see too many opportunities to mix it up with docks.

I did purchase three Kwik Tek Hull Hugger XL Contour Fenders from Amazon. I much prefer them to the traditional round bumpers.

OK guys,

Jeff
Are you happy with this product? How has it held up?

Cfcdad,

I'm now on the second summer with the Megaware guard, and it looks like the day I installed it. As I mentioned, I went with the gray color, and you can't tell it's even on the tube from a few feet away. I found it a cost effective alternative to the Vantage product, and haven't regretted it.

Jeff

Back