Vinyl Floor Options

Link

Reaction score
I had a problem with the vinyl floor in the stern [have carpet throughout], Bennington is going to cover it under waranty. I had the off-white vinyl and was simply going to have it replaced but all of a sudden thought maybe I should consider the teak flooring.

I have a Matador Red RL with monochrome interior and Palm Mocha carpet. would appreciate comments on thge look of the teak, How real-life does it look? Happy with the look?

I had a problem with the vinyl floor in the stern [have carpet throughout], Bennington is going to cover it under waranty. I had the off-white vinyl and was simply going to have it replaced but all of a sudden thought maybe I should consider the teak flooring.

I have a Matador Red RL with monochrome interior and Palm Mocha carpet. would appreciate comments on thge look of the teak, How real-life does it look? Happy with the look?
Note they also have the "Seagrass" flooring now, which is what I am going to put on the stern. I saw it at the Club event and really liked it a lot. There are also 3 teak versions now - the thicker Plasdeck with black or white stripe and a less expensive more vinyl looking stuff with dark striping.

TomS - Can you describe the seagrass flooring? Alas I fear it is too late to change my order but would love to know what I am missing :lol:

Thanks!

TomS - Can you describe the seagrass flooring? Alas I fear it is too late to change my order but would love to know what I am missing :lol:

Thanks!
There are several boats with it on the rear deck in my gallery that were taken at the Club Bennington event last month. It is a woven but very tight and easy on the feet texture. I think it will be a little harder to clean than the flat vinyl, but I'm sure a pressure washer will do the trick on a light setting.

The last picture is the new faux teak that is a bit less expensive.

Bennington Club Day - IMG_0462.jpg

Club Bennington Day - IMG_0461.jpg

Club Bennington Day - IMG_0517.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
My choice for the rear would be teak. I like the teak, my wife doesn't. She likes the seagrass, I don't. I sense a flooring issue on our next Bennington order :unsure: . Full teak flooring with snap-in carpet would be my ticket to happiness. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the teak. It's very nice. Cleans up well. Color is solid all the way through. Only complaint is it can get hot baking in the sun. Ours is merlot red with java interior. Checked out my pics in the gallery.

Todd

I am getting ready to purchase a new Bennington and my first choice, even though they haven't done it yet, was going to be full Seagrass flooring with snap in carpet. Instead, I think we are going with the traditional full vinyl with snap In carpet. I am with TomS, I think the Seagrass is a nice floor. I was not really impressed with the teak in person. Good luck on your decision.

I am getting ready to purchase a new Bennington and my first choice, even though they haven't done it yet, was going to be full Seagrass flooring with snap in carpet. Instead, I think we are going with the traditional full vinyl with snap In carpet. I am with TomS, I think the Seagrass is a nice floor. I was not really impressed with the teak in person. Good luck on your decision.
Hmmm... I asked about full Seagrass with snap in carpet and was told they couldn't do it for some reason. I know it would be rather expensive. Maybe I need to check back in on that one.

I was told at the club event in Indiana by a regional sales manager that it could be done. When I asked my dealer, they checked on it and we're told to place the order that way and then Bennington would actually see if it could be done. I will not post any names out here but if you message me I will tell you who I talked with. I eve have a quote from my dealer for this option. I believe that it would be in Benningtons best interest to know for sure if this option can be done and it may take someone requesting it to find out.

I was told at the club event in Indiana by a regional sales manager that it could be done. When I asked my dealer, they checked on it and we're told to place the order that way and then Bennington would actually see if it could be done. I will not post any names out here but if you message me I will tell you who I talked with. I eve have a quote from my dealer for this option. I believe that it would be in Benningtons best interest to know for sure if this option can be done and it may take someone requesting it to find out.
Yes, I also asked around at the club event and heard a couple different answers. I think perhaps they just hadn't figured it out yet. There seemed to be a little resistance to mixing the color palette and materials which I guess is part of what makes it a Bennington (well thought out, that is) :D

Time to chat with my dealer and I'll send you a pm as well.

Thanks!

Link; I have the Faux teak . I agree it can get SO hot out here in the California sun that you MUST spray it down to walk on it. I'm not saying its hotter than Vinyl and I know carpet can eve get so hot it burns your feet. I thought the Faux teak would be MUCH cooler but it's not. Would that or should that let that stop you? I would say no I would still get it but a full teak floor would be smoking hot

I was just building a boat and it shows 'full seagrass flooring as $1396 option, not sure if it's correct, but it shows it there

Derrick

Derrick, you are correct and if you want snap in carpet it would be the full Seagrass option plus the $879 for the snap in carpet.

Back