Vinyl flooring

grebar

Reaction score
We have a 2014 Bennington pontoon with Aqua teak vinyl flooring. It is always covered with the playpen cover. The cover does not cover the back portion of the boat by the swim step and motor. With this recent heat wave the deck got burned in spots. In all are paper work I cannot find what the warranty is. Only states carpet. Has anyone else experienced this? We live in the foothill of California and our summers are usually somewhat mild and I’m surprised since a boat is in the sun and water during summer months this happened.

Vinyl was optional on 2014's. Unfortunately 2014 was before Bennington offered a 10 year warranty.

Grebar those "burn" spots may be a problem that Bennington (and other pontoon boat brands) have had with the glue/adhesive that were used to install vinyl and seagrass flooring. Do you have pics? Do you have access to your or a Bennington dealership where you can start a conversation about your problem?!?

Our aqua teak flooring had this issue and was replaced before the warranty was up luckily.

The OP's warranty has expired ,it is a 2014 model . Unless Benington has made an exception, his vinyl flooring is no longer under warranty .

The OP's warranty has expired ,it is a 2014 model . Unless Benington has made an exception, his vinyl flooring is no longer under warranty .
Thx Jack! I was thinking that maybe since it's been an ongoing issue Bennington MAY make an exception and address it. Worth a shot.

Back