Water drains on Helm Console ?

Dewzee1

Reaction score
I purchased a new 2021 Bennington 24 LSB and took deliver March 2021

Question: Do the drains on each side of steering wheel below the dash console’s flat areas supposed to have clear tubing on the nipple as shown in the attached pictures ?

My cupholder on the helm console on my 24 LSB does have a clear drain hose that goes out thru boot that is over factory hole in deck :)

Please advise if this was just a factory or dealer oversight ?

Dashboard Drain.jpegIMG_0781.jpg

Thanks in advance
Steve

There should be a hose on there that goes through the boot otherwise, it'll just dump into the helm compartment. Mine was missing as well. I had some hose around so I just ran it myself rather than bring it to the dealer for that.

Same on my boat, one there one missing and it dumped right onto one my amps until I ran some tubing to the boot..

Question: Do the drains on each side of steering wheel below the dash console’s flat areas supposed to have clear tubing on the nipple as shown in the attached pictures ?

My cupholder on the helm console on my 24 LSB does have a clear drain hose that goes out thru boot that is over factory hole in deck :)

View attachment 30506View attachment 30507

Thanks in advance
Steve
Mine was disconnected and just laying in all the tangled wires under console. Either didn’t connect it or it fell off. It’s so short I can barely get it to connect so I’m thinking the tension is making it fall down.

I put ty-raps on mine so they would stay connected.

Both my cupholders had clear tubing securely connected with Oetiker clamps and routed down thru the floor boot to drain.

TT

View attachment 30506View attachment 30507

Thanks in advance
Steve
I had the same issue! I know I'm late here, but I have found something that works great and was free for me. Maybe useful for others who stumble across this post like I did. The suction tubing used at hospitals / home health for suction canisters. I get the extra tubing that was not used in the OR for free at work. Comes in 12ft length, I cut it in half and stuff the tapered end over the nipple on the bottom, get to uses out of each. You could put a zip tie over it too for added grip strength but I haven't had one fall off yet.

Attachments

• 20220509_134219.jpg
    20220509_134219.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 10
  • 20220509_135305.jpg
    20220509_135305.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 10
On my boat- They didn’t put some tubing on 2 of my drains and the other one, wasn’t connected. Amazing that it slips by at factory. Oh yeah the Sirius antenna wasn’t connected either. One switch with wording was installed upside down. Wrong connector was used for wiring, which caused everything on helm to not work- with 1.5 hr on boat. A bad connection caused helm to not work with 0 hours on it. Shipped without one Bimini cover. Sharkhide was missing in areas on one tube. Gel coat on front has bubbles, probably from a bad mold or mold with debris in it. The QI charger was hanging by its wires and needed to be glued in place. Speaker covers not installed completely and some were sideways. Had a bilge pump go bad at 18hr, but that’s not their fault. FM antenna buried in rat nest of wiring and basically didn’t work. As an executive I would be ashamed to put out a product like this. All simple to catch at a quality control point and eliminate any future issues. Still like the boat and the warranty is great, but come on!!!

On my boat- They didn’t put some tubing on 2 of my drains and the other one, wasn’t connected. Amazing that it slips by at factory. Oh yeah the Sirius antenna wasn’t connected either. One switch with wording was installed upside down. Wrong connector was used for wiring, which caused everything on helm to not work- with 1.5 hr on boat. A bad connection caused helm to not work with 0 hours on it. Shipped without one Bimini cover. Sharkhide was missing in areas on one tube. Gel coat on front has bubbles, probably from a bad mold or mold with debris in it. The QI charger was hanging by its wires and needed to be glued in place. Speaker covers not installed completely and some were sideways. Had a bilge pump go bad at 18hr, but that’s not their fault. FM antenna buried in rat nest of wiring and basically didn’t work. As an executive I would be ashamed to put out a product like this. All simple to catch at a quality control point and eliminate any future issues. Still like the boat and the warranty is great, but come on!!!
Is all corrected now?!?

Yes it is, Of course the blemishes in gel coat not done, dealer said he would order new front for me. I said let’s give it a year so as not to put more stress on supply and probably in a year I won’t care. Thanks for asking. I was on a bit of a rant but when I write a check for $100,000+ I do sort of expect things to be good. No one would accept that in a car or home.

Back