Water under the floor

Fisher John 95757

Reaction score
I get water flooding up from the floor in the middle of the deck when under way. Does anyone have a clue way this is happening?

Last edited by a moderator:
I get water flooding up from the floor in the middle of the deck when under way. Does anyone have a clue way this is happening?
What model/year boat do you have? Does it have underskinning?

What model/year boat do you have? Does it have underskinning?
I have a new 2012 SLX with a 90 Merc and have the same problem. I have contacted the dealer and hope that Bennington will address this defect. My leaks are by the helm and the table mount. I don't have a wave shield but feel this would fix the problem. I do have some surging also. Not alone

There should be a plastic wave shield where the deck boards have a seam, it's an easy fix for the dealer.

Get it over to them and get it fixed ;)

While i didn't have any leakage problems, i added under skinning to get rid of the surging, very happy with the results, no more surge, and a quieter ride.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had the problem with water coming up where the table mount was on my 2012 22ssl called dealer they came and picked it and but a water shield where the mount goes thru the floor and that fixed the problem.

There should be a plastic wave shield where the deck boards have a seam, it's an easy fix for the dealer.

Get it over to them and get it fixed ;)

While i didn't have any leakage problems, i added under skinning to get rid of the surging, very happy with the results, no more surge, and a quieter ride.

Back