Wavetamer

peeruwp

Reaction score
now that I have landed on a Benny, rough water stability is something I am focusing on. Is the Wave-tamer worth it? Does it impact boat performance/speed in a positive or negative way?

...and if handiling rougher water at times is the concern would the esp package be the way to go vs the SPS?

We had a fully skinned tunnel on a previous pontoon and I didn't realize how much I'd miss it until we got the current pontoon. Drag and noise are significantly different. Considered adding under skin/wave guard, but decided to just wait for our next upgrade that I expect will be more performance oriented anyway. However, the difference may not be as great for a tri-toon, elliptical or something like 27" logs (we have 23").

Can't help you with comparative handling of different packages other than it's never been a issue for us, but we never see more than ~26 MPH...

I think it the SPS package has the underskin... does the wave tamer just extend the underskin to the front of the bow?

Yes ,it extends the wave shield to the bow

My dealer stated that unless I was dealing with large waves over 2 ft frequently or running a higher hp motor (mine is 200hp), that its not needed? Agree or disagree?

I agree ,I dont have it .That area on mine doesn't get wet

I agree too with the dealers advise to you on it. I cannot imagine you would need that extra couple feet of coverage. Water just doesn’t hit up there. I’d imagine i would take waves that are bad enough to cause you not to be out (or want to be out) on the water anyway.

I would spend the money elsewhere unless you are in very rough water often.

I think ill pass on it, thanks! Its less about rough water and more about giant boat wakes I need to deal with... Hoping the SPS will help, i dont want to regret not moving to ESP but i dont need more HP (200 is good) and not doing a ton of water sports it would just be for large boat wakes.. Hoping SPS package will suffice.

Big waves from time to time you will be ok without it. It’s very rare for water to hit the first 2 feet or so under the decking side.

Back