What's the Diff?

BulldogsCadillac

Just some guy
Reaction score
So just wondering if anyone has pictures, and can tell me what the difference is between the standard gauge cluster, the Yamaha Command Link gauge cluster and the Yamaha Command Link D.E.C. Gauges? Why is one better than the other?

Also, when building a boat, does anyone build it with the

motor? It seems to just add it at the msrp and isn't it going to be up to the dealer to actually order and install the motor? I'm assuming that Bennington is just being their awesome selves and showing all the options from the dealers, just to give us an idea of how long we are eating hot dogs and kraft dinner for! Haha

Derrick

Last edited by a moderator:
As far as the motor goes, our dealer ordered ours and it arrived before the boat did. What you see online is true MSRP, our boat with motor online is over $62,000 but I can tell you we paid just a bit over 2/3 of that price retail. If nothing else it gives you a good guide to compare options, etc.

Whew! That's a relief! Didn't know if I was going to be able to afford another one! I figured as much about the pricing, I 'rebuilt' our current boat and was like, dang this thing increased in value!! Haha any idea on the gauge difference? Which did you get?

My motor came seperate. I saw it still in the crate. I didn't realize this until after we agreed on the price. Build a boat really jacks up the motor price. Takes the dealer a couple hours to mount and prop, install battery, etc. But a couple hours labor and battery should be only $250 or so.

In defense of the Build a Boat, that was one feature that kept me coming back to the Bennington website, and kept me away from other sites that force you to work through a dealer.

I 'rebuilt' our current boat and was like, dang this thing increased in value!! Haha any idea on the gauge difference? Which did you get?
I have a Merc on my boat, sorry I dont know about the Yamaha gauges.

Back