Where do you put your fenders?!?

BigKahuna

Reaction score
Okay now we know where we all put our shoes..........where do you put your fenders after you leave the dock and are now underway?!?

The reason why I ask is that I have 6 to hide but I'm too lazy to detach them from the rails. Going out today I'll take a pic of the new product I use.......

Last edited by a moderator:
center floor storage 

We put a kitty litter box under the back of one of the lounge chairs. It fits great, holds 2 fenders and dock line. It's always there and thrie always together

Under the starboard side rear lounger .

I love my EZ Fenders.  Once we leave the dock we loosen the thumb screw pull the fenders up high and tighten the thumbscrew down.  No storage needed

We let ours as is .... knowing me, I'd forget to put them back on and bounce of the dock and damage a toon. 

I love my EZ Fenders.  Once we leave the dock we loosen the thumb screw pull the fenders up high and tighten the thumbscrew down.  No storage needed
Link, I've always wanted to order those from Bryden but never got around to doing it.....

I don't ever take mine off.  I have a slick quick adjustment type, no thumb screws.  I plan on going out tomorrow night. Ill take a few pics and post.

Link, I've always wanted to order those from Bryden but never got around to doing it.....
I would buy them whether or not on sale as they are worth the full price.  I looked at many [if not all] options before I decided on these.  Turning the thumb screws is not a big deal and what makes it worthwhile is the looks.  I like the look of the EZ Fender much more than having a big strap hanging from my boat.  Others may feel differently but this is the ideal solution for me.

Right now the adjustable straps that I'm using on each of the 6 fenders are working well. Should they break or if something else happens to them I'll get the EZ Fenders.....

With the EZ fenders are the thumb screws set so that you can't back them all the way out and risk them going overboard?

We let ours as is .... knowing me, I'd forget to put them back on and bounce of the dock and damage a toon. 
Aren't you worried about them flying off when you punch it? Hehe, I'm sorry Dave, I can't help myself sometimes! Truly, I jest!

With the EZ fenders are the thumb screws set so that you can't back them all the way out and risk them going overboard?
Yes they can and a friend proved it and dropped it into the lake.  I do wish they had some sort of a stop on them, for now my wife and I usually do it ourselves

Yes they can and a friend proved it and dropped it into the lake.  I do wish they had some sort of a stop on them, for now my wife and I usually do it ourselves
I thought I read recently they started making them so they can't back out all the way.

I would buy them whether or not on sale as they are worth the full price.  I looked at many [if not all] options before I decided on these.  Turning the thumb screws is not a big deal and what makes it worthwhile is the looks.  I like the look of the EZ Fender much more than having a big strap hanging from my boat.  Others may feel differently but this is the ideal solution for me.
If you sign up on "pontoonforums.com", you can still get the 25% discount

The new ones are peened so they won't come out and you can get them drilled in either direction.

Something to think about -- I have black fenders and stupidly left them in the center floor storage with the door open on a plus 100 degree day while I was 303ing my cover. Went out today and one of them popped. I probably had them a little too full and the sun/heat caused one to burst.  I took some air out of the others I have and I won't leave them in the sun ALL DAY on 100 degree days anymore.

live and learn......

I bought mine this year,the thumb screws do not back out all the way .

My big jump start couldnt even start a car. It was my sister in laws car. Can't remember what it was, but it was small.

Back