Where's the water from

The Hillbilly Barge

Reaction score
I noticed my boat was riding much lower in the back, much and a obvious performance difference so I switched on the bilge pump and a shocking amount of water came out, the pump ran for a very long time, I don't have Center storage so I'm puzzled buy where this water could have come from

Do you have an I/O? With no center storage, I don't know where a bilge pump would be on a O/B.

I've go a similar set-up on mine (ESP, no center storage) just behind the gas tank near the rear of the toon. I seem to always have a small amount of water down there as the pump appears to be raised up an inch or so. I'm thinking that the water comes from swimsuits, hose downs and any water that might drip down from the cover during a rain. Every so often I run my bilge but not a lot comes out. Obviously, you should keep an eye on it to gage whether you have other issues going on.

Interesting. No center storage or bilge on my sps. There is a hole in the transom behind the fuel tank though.

Center fuel option will obviously put it in the middle log, creating a bilge area. I assume this is independent of whether you have the storage option or not.

I get water in my bilge mostly from rain events when I don't stake the mooring cover (sags and drains through the vents/stake mounts), but on occasion wet people and washing down the deck will find it's way in. I could also see condensation build up as a remote possibility if toon temp is below dew point.

Back