Which one is the best way to go .125 ESP or the basic ESP

Timdelta

Reaction score
What does the crowd think of the difference between the .125 ESP tube versus the standard ESP tube? My dealer said I didn't really need to go to the .125 tube, save the money he says. I am still thinking the .125 is stiffer and therefore a better choice. I using a Yahama 300, so I believe the power requirements of the heavier tube will be satisfied. Please let me know, I will be going back tomorrow rest of the deposit and can change it then.

If you're boating on big water, I'd go with the .125. Since you are getting a 300hp, I assume you are not on a small lake. The 300hp will be enough to keep up with the extra weight of the thicker tubes. Its cheaper to do it now (as with HP) then to have regrets later on down the road.

Similar thoughts. If on a BIG body of water, one that can get pretty rough, the .125 ESP will be nice. If on a fairly regular body of water, not really needed, but it certainly would provide additional peace of mind.

It is big water here for me, Tampa Bay Area. I have switched order and now going with the .125 ESP. Thanks for the input, I had the gut feeling but needed the help. The salesman said I didn't need it but in the total purchase the price increase is marginal. Thanks everyone.

It is big water here for me, Tampa Bay Area. I have switched order and now going with the .125 ESP. Thanks for the input, I had the gut feeling but needed the help. The salesman said I didn't need it but in the total purchase the price increase is marginal. Thanks everyone.

Good to hear. I assume you also did the sealed lifting strakes and saltwater package. That should be standard for any Fl dealer to add.
Can't wait to see your new ride. Congrats

Sounds like a wise decision given where you will be boating. And if the price differntial is marginal for you, all the more reasons to get the more robust version of the ESP hull. Excited for you and look forward to hearing about and hopefully eventually seeing pictures of whatever you get.

I also ditto mtudd24’s reminders about sealed lifting strakes, and the saltwater package. Probably just automatic on an order down there, but doesn’t hurt to say it. Good luck with your final decisions.

Back