Which Prop???

lcbl75771

Reaction score
I have a Bennington 2075 with a 90-2 stroke. The current prop is a 13 5/8 x 13. Would I go with the same size in a stainless? Yamaha has a Pontoon Performance prop 14"x13. Any one run this set-up? What is your opinion? Thanks

What's your WOT and top speed? You need to know this before you go prop hunting.

Look at the post "90hp........" I just posted in. I had the same questions and the advice there is good. Save your money on the stainless steel, it won't really make any difference on that hp of a motor. From my understanding, the biggest reason to go to stainless steel is that high hp motors need the rigidness of it over aluminum or else the property will "flex" and lose its intended shape/pitch/cup, whatever you want to call it. Not really an issue on a 90hp.

I have a t50 Yamaha, I just purchased a powertech stainless I went from a 14 to 12 pitch the 12 is too much not gettin wot so dealer is gettin it straight with power tech (I told them whatever prop is gonna do best) any way the stainless did show an improvement on aluminum, with alum I would run 5800 and about 18.5 to 19 by myself Sunday I ran 4900 and 20.5 myself and two kids. My main reason was I was chewing up alumn on the oyster reefs when we would go fishing. But it was also 550$ vs 150ish (yep I got in trouble)

Why would you spend money on stainless for a 50?

Down here South West Louisisna they have alot of oyster reefs where we go fishing and they are very hard on alum props. When the tides are out they hard to find but the fishing is good on them. Just don't want to keep buying props every year just as soon bite bullet get it over with

It may sound crazy but I have and most people down here put them on 25 hp motors, the difference is night and day down in the marsh's

I understand.

Back