Who knows where to get an after market bimini for the 2020 r23? We are really tired of the look and function of the stock one that flops at 40 mph.

Reaction score
Who knows where to get an after market bimini for the 2020 r23? We are really tired of the look and function of the stock one that flops at 40 mph.

Not sure on aftermarket options. Maybe some other members will have ideas. Which bimini do you have on your R23? There are a few different options for Bennington pontoons depending on what you go with when it’s new. Curious what you mean by flopping at 40mph…the fabric flops? Entire bimini and brackets? Something else. Curious.

I never run over 20 mph with bimini up except in emergency. They are not designed for speeds over 30 mph and on a windy day, which is most of the time, it’s harder on the bimini as well. Mine has never flopped around. I personally like the ease of putting them up or down.

Best bet is have a local canvas shop make one

Yeah, I don’t use ours when going above 30mph. If it’s gusty, then I either keep it down, or deploy for slow cruising only. Not sure on aftermarket options that could be rated for higher. I don’t think aftermarket would be more stable under high speeds, but don’t really know. I’m still curious what was meant by flopping around.

Bending the frame ,from going too fast ?

LOL - I use mine at 40 MPH plus all the time - but then I also got the Bimini Cable Stays - they really do help! With them, the Bimini is rated at over 30mph. The tag on my Bimini says 30mph max, then Bennington states over 30mph with the cable stays. I have ZERO flop even after 3 years of sitting in the 100+ degree Havasu Sun and frequent monsoon crazy winds (though I do remove it and treat it every 2 years with a Starbright or 303 Waterproofing / UV protectant).

Attachments

• Bimini Cable Stays Speed Note Over 30.JPG
    Bimini Cable Stays Speed Note Over 30.JPG
    56.9 KB · Views: 24
  • Bimini Cable Stays.jpg
    Bimini Cable Stays.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 20
  • Bimini Cable Stays2 Box Anchor.jpg
    Bimini Cable Stays2 Box Anchor.jpg
    168.3 KB · Views: 20
  • 2021-07-04 09.48.10 Bimini Speed.jpg
    2021-07-04 09.48.10 Bimini Speed.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 18
I have the curved power bimini myself. I don’t even think the cable stays are an option for my set up. They were not an option for it when I bought it in 2017. However, they certainly are a very nice addition for any bimini that they can be used on for increased stability, especially with wind, or speed.

Jeff , in 2020 they came with mine . Change due to year ?

Jeff , in 2020 they came with mine . Change due to year ?
Probably was a change up between 2017 and 2020. They are a very nice option. Now that I know they’ve also adapted them to the curved power bimini’s, I am sure mine can get retro-fitted. However, given that we do not use our bimini very often anyway, it’s not a big enough “want” for me to add it at this point. Now if I were further south, I’d really need to since I would likely use the bimini a lot then.

If you have a small connector on your most forward bimini strut and on your top rail ,you could have some made at a much lower cost . Mine were still in the package when I sold the it .

I do not have those at all. That is what I would need to have retrofitted to pull it off. My boat offered no connection options for anything like that.

It's a small c shaped bracket that attaches to the rails and struts . The clips I had were no larger than a small dog leash clip.

I'm with Link and Fitz. If you need a new one just have one made at a local canvas shop! But Fitz hit it on the nail! If it flops around it's not tight! Adjust it properly and it won't flop around at speed! We travel regularly with our double bimini at 30+ mph. It's our 5th season with it!

Back