Wife has P.A.D.s!

We sold our first one after 3 months. I have a PAD joke and something to do with a monthly interval but I'll stop now.

What does she want to updgrade too?

PS. She sounds like a keeper!

Is your local dealer out of inventory?

I am failing to understand what the problem is?

I would use the boat the rest of the year.  Decide what you will really use it for and order/shop for your " last boat second purchase"  during the off season.    

Or do what I did and catch something in-stock that a dealer is desperate to get rid of before the season ends and it sits on the floor all winter. I bought my second boat a year ago tomorrow. Less than 6 months after my first one. PADs is rough. 

Yes ,7 months 

Why and what does she want to upgrade?!? What is she unhappy with?!? Your layout? Your upholstery? Your engine? Just everything in general?!?

Why and what does she want to upgrade?!? What is she unhappy with?!? Your layout? Your upholstery? Your engine? Just everything in general?!?
Daril!!! Lets keep the questions about the boat! I'm sure she loves HIS layout, upholstery and engine just the way they are! 

But yes, what about the boat would you do differently? If your same dealer has another that is more to your liking, it may be easier to change up sooner, since your boat will still have low hours, still current model, and it is a well positioned boat in the budget scale.

We have a 20SF. Only have had it a month, and we love it. She wants to get a bigger boat in a couple of years. She's not sure what she wants - she hasn't looked in the catalog, but aftere describing the G-series, she's drooling

Be careful of letting her see the brochure. That thing cost me some serious cash! ;) In the end, I wouldn't change a thing though.

Easiest fix, next one buy something so expensive, you won't be able to afford to upgrade again .... right Derrick??  :D

When we had our 2013  22 SLX ,I showed my wife a pic of the rear loungers on a 2014  RCW  .She said lets get one  :D .

I still get P.A.D.s on occasion 

Me too...for an R series windscreen. Not sure on the arch though as I would need to tuck it under a lift. Maybe one day

When we had our 2013  22 SLX ,I showed my wife a pic of the rear loungers on a 2014  RCW  .She said lets get one  :D .

I still get P.A.D.s on occasion 
And in full disclosure from my previous post, it was actually me that needed the restraining. My wife just told me 'As long as it has the rear loungers, a gate in the back, and a gate in the front, just don't do anything stupid'. Well, she didn't define stupid... Thankfully, my garage height kept the spending from getting any 'worse'!

I would get another RCW ,Dont think I would get an Arch ( again)  or Tower Model .Too much added weight .

Big question I have is how to get under an ESP to wipe the tubes down ? At the sand bar yesterday I barley fit between the SPS .

That was in shallow water and walking on my knee's with just my head and arms exposed .

I saw an RCW in dry dock yesterday with an IO . I was impressed .

Last edited by a moderator:
And in full disclosure from my previous post, it was actually me that needed the restraining. My wife just told me 'As long as it has the rear loungers, a gate in the back, and a gate in the front, just don't do anything stupid'. Well, she didn't define stupid... Thankfully, my garage height kept the spending from getting any 'worse'!
That is exactly what happened when I showed my wife the pic .I thought I may have had to do some persuading ,none at all . I think we ordered in less than a week after she said to do it 

Jack, I might need some tips and pointers on selling the wife on an R coming from an S!!!! You the Man!!

The boat builder actually "prevents" me from wanting to buying a new boat. The

2375 RCW I/O I built was about $85000 and change.........C'mon my first house was $68900.......

The only real difference the RCW has from what I have now is........ESP, In floor storage, rear loungers, larger Bimini, and 30 more HP.......Mercruiser has the new 250 HP I/O.........

Remember that is msrp Daril!!!! That Big Kahuna decal would look nice on that new RCW i/o...Just sayin :D

Take her out ,tell her to order some wine ,show her the pics  :lol: .

After she says I like that ,head right to the dealer and put a deposit down .You can change the order later .

Jack, I might need some tips and pointers on selling the wife on an R coming from an S!!!! You the Man!!

Back