Windshield Retainer

Cocoa Happy Hour

Reaction score
I am hoping someone can help me find this. I have to remove the windshield from the helm when I put on the mooring cover on my boat to prevent too much pressure. When I was removing it I lost one of the spring loaded retainers. Does anyone know where they can be purchased? The closest dealer is a long way out and I was hoping I could get them on line somewhere.

Thanks in advance,

Paul

? Photos. Is it a factory mooring cover? If anything the dealer should be able to ship them to you? I adjust my poles so it barely touches the windshield.

See if your dealer will ship one to you .

Or if there is a different brand dealer in your area check with them . They may be universal 

I've seen same style used on multiple boats. I swear my GillGetter was exact same size retainer ..........

I lost one of these the other day too. I take my windshield off when I put the cover on to prevent it from getting scraped up. Anyway, I loosened them and when I got to the last one, the one on the starboard side fell into the drink. Anyway, it cost me $5.95 and included the plate and screws that are attached to the helm. They only sell them as the set, no big deal.

I take my windshield off when I put the cover on to prevent it from getting scraped up. 
I was worried about that also. A couple of large beach towels draped over the shield (front to back) work well and add some additional dust protection to the gauges as well.

I've never taken our windshield off except to clean the helm. The cover goes on after each use and I don't put anything over the windshield before the cover. There's not a mark on it and it's 8 years old. You guys do way more than you have to.

Last edited by a moderator:
I noticed a couple different boats (used) before I bought mine that had a cloudiness at the top inch of the windshield and was told it was from pulling the cover across it when putting on the cover. It takes about 20 seconds to take it off, and I'm trying to keep it nice looking, so off it comes.

I've never taken our windshield off except to clean the helm. The cover goes on after each use and I don't put anything over the windshield before the cover. There's not a mark on it and it's 8 years old. You guys do way more than you have to.
So I can start leaving the furniture in the boat over night? I always remove it so they don't get wet...

If your happy removing the wind screen, remove it. Your the captain. I still cover mine every night with the play pen cover and it is kept on a covered lift. We all have our quirks on making the boat last forever.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back