Winterize Cost

ILLINOIS AVE

Reaction score
Just curious what everyone across the Country is paying to have outboards winterized?

i don't have a price breakdown, I'm near Akron, OH. I'm paying ~$1800.

This includes:
  • concierge to pick up my boat from the dock, take it to the nearest ramp, and trailer it to the service center
  • winterization
    • includes lower unit oil change
    • engine oil change
    • water/fuel separater change
    • pressure wash and clean
    • damp rid in all compartments.
    • shrink wrap
    • storage for the winter outside
  • spring prep after the winter to get the boat back in the water
  • delivery next season
not sure how this compares, but i'm locked in through my dealer to a dock. the waitlist on my lake is 432 and counting... they turned over 3 last year. I shortcut the line by buying a new Bennington this year to get on his dock if i stay there doing maintenance and storage. but pricing seemed reasonable compared to the pricing for folks on lake erie where i live...

Winterization alone at my dealership service department is $493 for a four stroke. They charge another $120 in the spring if you want them to get it set for the lake. Other local businesses do it for less. The place I am looking at switching to next year is less.

On top of that our local Benny dealer does one way drop off or pick up at the DNR boat launch for $50. And indoor storage with them for the winter for boats 23’+ is $1199. Looking at other local options that are half this price for next year.

My round trip price this year with them for all services will be approx. $1,821 with indoor storage. Next year if I make the changes I am looking at doing elsewhere, it looks like I will be around $750-1,000 depending on type of winter storage I go with.

I pay $591 and that is tax included. That includes: Oil change, lower unit oil change, water/fuel separator change, fuel stabilizer, and clean the toons with acid wash. Indoor winter storage is $210 total for the 6 months from October to April. For a total of $801. However, I have to take it to the dealer and to the storage center.

Last edited:
We're at about $1,700 this year for winterization and INDOOR storage. I drop off and pick up at their dock. They haul and launch. That's about average on our lake and just a cost of boating in our area.

$150 for oil change and $500 for inside storage till Memorial Day.

in Central NY we pay $1,050 to winterize, shrink wrap and outdoor storage. Springtime out-of-storage is another $140.

i don't have a price breakdown, I'm near Akron, OH. I'm paying ~$1800.

This includes:
  • concierge to pick up my boat from the dock, take it to the nearest ramp, and trailer it to the service center
  • winterization
    • includes lower unit oil change
    • engine oil change
    • water/fuel separater change
    • pressure wash and clean
    • damp rid in all compartments.
    • shrink wrap
    • storage for the winter outside
  • spring prep after the winter to get the boat back in the water
  • delivery next season
not sure how this compares, but i'm locked in through my dealer to a dock. the waitlist on my lake is 432 and counting... they turned over 3 last year. I shortcut the line by buying a new Bennington this year to get on his dock if i stay there doing maintenance and storage. but pricing seemed reasonable compared to the pricing for folks on lake erie where i live...
Did you add some services? I know where you're storing although I won't call them out. Seems high. But as you said you have a dock.

After seeing some of these prices, I am glad I still own a 2 stoke (150hp Opti Pro XS). HAHHAHHA
Fuel filter, Fuel water separator, Stabil in the fuel tank, lower unit oil changed ($46 in parts) and $80 for labor and $3.00 in tax. Whopping $130 bucks.
Our indoor storage is cheap too. $7.50 if your under 8.6 wide and $10 a foot if your over 8.6 wide . So for me its $240 bucks for non heated indoor storage. Been with them for 25 years for various boats and we currently keep 3 of them with them and this also includes them putting our trailers in the barn for the summer

Back