Yamaha 115 VMax

VitiminJ

Reaction score
I've read quite a bit but I still felt I needed to post a new thread because I cannot find consistent information. I'm just not sure which to go with. I've read different takes on here compared to the suggestion of my dealer. I'm looking to replace because I took a chunk out of mine pulling out of a slip at a restaurant. Basically the guy next to me pushed his boat out just after me and I had to turn towards the shore and I bottomed out. Dealer told me it was a $150 fix but I'm kicking around upgrading.

My boat - 22' SXP with standard 25" logs.

Motor - 115 VMax - I have no idea how high it is mounted or the WOT speed now. I'm also not sure the specs of the current prop. I don't know if the motor comes with a factory prop or the dealer installs a prop of their choice.

What we do - mostly putz around. But we do tube and honestly I often wish the 115 had a little more at WOT. Will a new prop get me a little more?

Dealer suggested a Yamaha SS Talon 13.25" x 12 pitch. I wrote down 12 pitch but I can't find it online so I may have rote down the wrong part number. He said I could get an extra 4MPH with it. Not sure if he's right but if I'm honest with myself I like the look of a SS prop with the VMax colors! Heck of a reason to upgrade! Money grows on trees anyway.

$598 installed. This may be higher than other dealers but I'm okay paying a little more. I find spending money helps the relationship. They store and dock the boat for us.

Most SS Talon's are around $525 ish online.

As always - your help is appreciated and worth the price charged....free.

I thought you meant upgrading your boat. Just got a little excited. It’s supposed to be above freezing this week here. Loosing my mind waiting for spring...
Same. Seasonal depression is real, and a lot worse once you own a boat! Our boat is going in the water on 4/24/21. Good weather starts that day!

Back