Yamaha 300HP DEC & Integrated Steering Options

Pat and Renee

Reaction score
I could be totally wrong but don't recall this Integrated Steering Option Motor shown in the Build a Boat Site a few months ago? Visited the build a boat site today and noticed what I think is a new option in the Yamaha 300HP (see attachment)

Found some data about a electrical steering upgrade being build into the motor or as a bolt on attachment.

I'm not a mechanical kind of person and hoping someone can educate me on the difference between these 300HP

FYI - The motor is going on a 2021 - 24LXSB - ESP .125 Package

Thanks

Attachments

• 300HP Yamaha.JPG
    300HP Yamaha.JPG
    13.6 KB · Views: 6
In January Yamaha released an updated 300 for 2021 with new electric steering and the reverse thrust feature added. It also has a new cover design. It was going to start shipping late February. This is the motor I’m waiting on. My dealer said a couple more weeks yet. I’m guessing the regular listing is for the old 300 (I believe the stock number ends in A) and the new listing is for this updated model(believe it ends in B)

RESPONSIVE ELECTRIC STEERING​

The Yamaha V6 Offshore F300 and F250 are the industry’s very first offshore V6’s offered in digital models with built-in electric steering. This makes them incredibly responsive and also results in a cleaner bilge, with no pumps, hoses, hydraulic lines or connections.

POWERFUL, PRECISE MANEUVERING​

Thrust Enhancing Reverse Exhaust keeps exhaust bubbles away from the propeller below 2500 RPM and when in reverse. This means the prop bites only clean water, which results in outstanding reverse thrust and control—especially when backing down on fish and when maneuvering around docks.

Hope this helps.

Sounds like a great integrated set of features!

Back