Yamaha 6 year warranty started....

I emailed our dealer to see if he has anything to say about extending the warranty, future promotions. He said previously if we ordered we'd have at least a 5 year but without it stated from Yamaha, that makes me nervous, unless if I could get him to put it in writing....

You might pose that question about the new 200 warranty extensions on The Hull Truth discussion forum. There are lots of Florida and East Coast dealers there who will tell you what's available.

I just got off the phone with my dealer and he was shocked they are excluded from the promotion. So now we are faced with waiting for a promotion to apply and the price of the boat going up in the meantime. This sucks. As for the Hull Truth, what do you think they would be able to advise??? My dealer said he has no information on the future promotions and up until today would have sworn the 200 would be in the next promotion. He advised he has coupons but they are good toward the 150, not the 200. I have a feeling the wife is going to get irritated and put a nix on the whole thing. I'm starting to regret selling the 2013.

So, you're not going to order a boat because you can't get (or don't know) if it will have a 5 yr warranty? If something's going to break, it'll be in the beginning or after 5 years. Yamaha is a great motor and I wouldn't hesitate to buy one no matter the warranty. Just my $.02 from being in the auto business. Engines nowadays don't break like they used to if maintained properly.

I know where your coming from Carl but for us there is great piece of mind in a warranty, especially with the cost of a 200. I know how my wife is and when the 200 is applicable for a warranty extension (we would take either a 5 or 6) the boat pricing will be higher and might give my wife cold feet. I've been married to her for a while and know how she operates!!! I'm still surprised she gave permission to PAD. But that means ordering another one, not just selling one.

What to do. I already mentioned we could move forward with a 150, save almost 3k, and get the 6 year warranty but she said we did not sell our other one to settle on the 150. I know we are not buying a G, R, Q but with the 200 and options we picked out that is a lot of boat for us. Especially since we're going to go down to my income. Not trying to be a cheap skate, just trying to maximize my dollars.

In the case of Merc, don't know about Yamaha, you always have the option to pay later for the various extensions to 5 year, 7 year, gold and platinum at your own expense when budget allows.

Carl is absolutely right though. I wouldn't let that kill the deal with a fundamentally reliable Yamaha.

The goal is to get the extra coverage without paying for it. Dealer quoted 2300 for an additional 3 years on the 200. It is up to the boss at this point!

As I said before, it shouldn't be a deal breaker. I don't know you but from reading your posts I do know you will take care of the new boat and motor and it will take care of you. I do know what you mean about waiting and the $$$$ going up. Our 07 rl triple tube is a great boat and was 35k new. I was on the boat builder and basically the same boat with a 250 and ESP, and some other options was almost 80k. I almost $hit my pants. And I'm not cheap, my wife is.   :D   You didn't hear that.

Carl can you call my wife at 810.... and tell her it is not a deal breaker!! just kidding. I've been kid waiting for Dec 25th in anticipation for another warranty extension and was bummed when it excluded our motor. Oh well. Our pricing for the boat and 200 is less than 40k right now which I don't think is too bad. Just a mental block spending over 40

I called Yamaha and was essentially told it is what it is. Which is what I expected. If we order before the 10th of this month that would be the second Bennington we've ordered in less than a year (rolling 12 months)

Back