Yamaha F150 water line question

TNRider66

Reaction score
Hey all, I was out cruising with the family earlier, and while my wife was driving I peaked back at my outboard, 2005 Yamaha F150, to make sure everything looked like it was operating normally. I noticed a liquid squirting out of a small 1/4” line, and it was just water. There was a pinch in the line, and when the boat went quicker there was more pressure and water squirting out vs almost no water coming out when we idled. I dried off the line and did a quick repair via some electrical tape, will do a permanent repair later.

My question is this, what does this line go to? It wouldn’t let me upload a video so took a screen grab.

Attachments

• FB1E442D-815B-4364-80B0-0E68BCCF995C.jpeg
    FB1E442D-815B-4364-80B0-0E68BCCF995C.jpeg
    110.7 KB · Views: 45
Is it from a water pickup for your speedometer?

Is it from a water pickup for your speedometer?
I’m really not sure, I was able to follow it slightly back under the aluminum under skinning, and it did connect to a larger cable which headed towards the console, but that was as far as I made it yesterday after we got it back to the slip.

Thank you all for feedback. At this point I’m going to purchase a 1/4 adapter and permanently fix the line. I’ll ask my mechanic about it the next time I take it to him for servicing.

Back