Yamaha f70 prop

Gvoz42

Reaction score
Hello there! I know this has been asked a million times and I tried searching and didn't find anything for my engine.

That being said. I was wondering if anyone knew/had a guideline as to what diameter and pitch prop would be best. Looking for just all around good performance. Maybe a little more top speed and little bit of tube pulling power. I know not alot of power out of a 70 but 2 elementary kids so not looking to scare them to death.

We have a 2021 Bennington 20slv with the yamaha 70. Currently has a 13.5 x 9 prop (came on boat from dealer) and at 6200 hit 22 mph (gps)

Thanks for the help

Hi, Gvoz42!

Aluminum 13.5 x 9 seems to be a decent fit for the F70, per the Yamaha Performance Bulletins.

Another option may be the Aluminum 13.625 x 13, as shown here. May want to see if your dealer would be willing to loan you a couple/few different props to try out, if you promise to bring them back in as-new condition, or you agree to buy it (in case of accidental damage, etc).
Quite a few fellow forum members have done just that with their local dealers.

Last edited:
Hi, @Gvoz42 !

Aluminum 13.5 x 9 seems to be a decent fit for the F70, per the Yamaha Performance Bulletins.

Another option may be the Aluminum 13.625 x 13, as shown here. May want to see if your dealer would be willing to loan you a couple/few different props to try out, if you promise to bring them back in as-new condition, or you agree to buy it (in case of accidental damage, etc).
Quite a few fellow forum members have done just that with their local dealers.

Awesome. Thank you for the info. Not unhappy by any means with the current performance was just wondering if I could squeeze that little bit more out. I will definitely contact my dealer

Hello there! I know this has been asked a million times and I tried searching and didn't find anything for my engine.

That being said. I was wondering if anyone knew/had a guideline as to what diameter and pitch prop would be best. Looking for just all around good performance. Maybe a little more top speed and little bit of tube pulling power. I know not alot of power out of a 70 but 2 elementary kids so not looking to scare them to death.

We have a 2021 Bennington 20slv with the yamaha 70. Currently has a 13.5 x 9 prop (came on boat from dealer) and at 6200 hit 22 mph (gps)

Thanks for the help
From what I’ve seen, you are right on the money for speed and RPM. Be happy; your prop is perfect.

I have the 20SFX with an F70 Yamaha. It came with the K11 aluminum prop. My top speed has been 17 mph by gps. So I would say you are right where you want to be with that prop.

Thanks for the help

Sounds like you already have a pontoon-rated prop (some version of a Talon?). Anyway, it's unlikely you will find a prop that improves speed or pulling power with out sacrificing the other. I'd say your dealer has already done good....enjoy.

Out of curiosity, what is the max HP/weight rating for your pontoon?

Thanks for the help
At that RPM with that MPH, you're good. Exactly what I would expect from an F70.

Like I said I'm very happy with performance now. Just didn't know of i could squeek out a little more. Sounds like I should just leave it alone. My max rated is 90hp
Never hurts to ask, most want more/max speed! I don’t care what HP you have. I agree with above. You are about right with your setup. Happy pontooning!

Back