Yamaha My Wedge

Wild and Free

Reaction score
Figured I would throw out a bit of warning information I learned the hard way.

I use a My Wedge as a transom saver to keep the engine elevated during transport.

Yamaha has 3 engine lift cylinders 2 of which are for when the engine is in operation mode and the 3rd or the center one takes the engine to max height. The My wedge sits over either of the 2 outer cylinder rods but here is the warning.

There is a grease zerk on the right side of the engine for lubing the steering pivot shaft and where the my wedge is designed to snub against the housing causes the zerk to break off, I did this not noticing it right away.

If you use this it must go on the left side cylinder to avoid grease zerk damage.

I remember reading that when I received my motor support--it must go on the left cylinder

Wish I would have seen some directions, I bought over the counter at the dealer no box directions ect.

Mine came with the instructions wrapped around it, and packaged in a Yamaha box,  but I remember reading about it in the post noted above when I was researching it. Whatever I'm buying, whether for a boat or anything else, I always like to see original packaging just for that very reason. 

Back