Yamaha outboard gauges

truckone176

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have a 2013 2275 RCW with a Yamaha 250 SHO. My question is this, i don't have anything other than fuel, trim, volt, and RPM gauges. Does anyone else have other gauges like temp and oil pressure?

If you have the Yamaha Command Link gauges you get temp, oil pressure, battery volts, trim, fuel level and water pressure. They are comprised of two instruments that contain all of the above features along with tach etc.
They are pricey but I have them and love them. My F 150 came with them.
Any Yamaha dealer can sell and install them but some like Sims Yamaha are a tad cheaper then most.
You can look up Command Link on line and get an idea of what they are like...

Almost forgot, the most useful of all the for me is the ability to see the fuel burn in GPH in real time.
It allows me to know exactly what my most economical RPM is by fuel burn and MPG.
The only bad thing is knowing that I am burning 16.5 gph at 6,0000 with my F150.
Again, command link is not cheap but would always spring for it in the future with any Yamaha as just knowing my temp, oil pressure, volts, trim, water pressure and fuel burn etc. is important to me....

Another option is if your chartplotter is NMEA 2000 compatible, you could potentially display all the engine info on it. You would have to build a NMEA2000 network on your boat and buy the Lowrance Yamaha adapter cable but the starter kit and cable combined are under $200. I’ve been researching this pretty heavily and decided to build a network and buy a multifunction gauge in lieu of replacing my chartplotter which is not NMEA 2000 compatible. All I currently have is trim, tach, and gas gauge. Parts are on order....

Last edited:
Daveyj is correct. You would still have to buy the Yamaha sensors as you would in the Command Link instruments but if you already have a NEMA 2000 compatible chart plotter it is very doable. I thought about it on my boat but wanted to keep it separate and not use my Simrad for engine functions but a very worthwhile option. Most of the better chart plotters are now NEMA 2000 compatible. Daveyj, Keep us updated on how your project goes as I am sure some would like to do the same thing and may not be aware of NEMA functions or the ability to do an alternative network for engine functions...

Daveyj is correct. You would still have to buy the Yamaha sensors as you would in the Command Link instruments but if you already have a NEMA 2000 compatible chart plotter it is very doable. I thought about it on my boat but wanted to keep it separate and not use my Simrad for engine functions but a very worthwhile option. Most of the better chart plotters are now NEMA 2000 compatible. Daveyj, Keep us updated on how your project goes as I am sure some would like to do the same thing and may not be aware of NEMA functions or the ability to do an alternative network for engine functions...
Will do! Planning to document install with pics as long as I remember to.

Last edited:
Back