Yamaha SHO 115 Order Time

WVFan4

Reaction score
I’ve been lurking on the forum for a long time now, but I haven’t posted anything. Our family purchased an SX21 at the end of October and we’ve been waiting on the motor, which is a Yamaha SHO 115. The dealer just called me and said it is showing the motor won’t be in until the end of March and he is worried even about that time frame. He told me he could go ahead and put the regular 115 on it.

I know COVID has everything backordered, but do any of you have any knowledge about the order time for motors right now?

I really wanted the VMAX since it was only a little bit more in price. If anything, the color/stickers look cool. . Any comments about going with the regular 115?

Thanks in advance and I will definitely post pictures when everything is done and I pick it up.

I had a regular 115 on a 21ssrx with the express center tube (3/4 length center tube). It would run around 32 light and drop 1 mph per person added. I don't know how this compares to the 115 sho, just can tell you what the grey motor will do.

If your motor is not here ,by your pick up date ,ask your dealer to put a "loaner" motor on your boat until yours arrives

Welcome WV! Can't answer your question but if it were me, I'd wait it out. Not sure when boating season starts in your neck of the woods, but something tells me that you'll always have some regret if you don't end up with the SHO version. Looking forward to your pictures next summer!

I’m with Michiman on this one. How much opportunity will you otherwise have to use your boat prior to then? And even if you can, these are pricey luxuries. What’s a month or two extra in the scheme of things to get things exactly how you want them? If it were me, I’d wait out the order to get what I want. The SHO certainly will look cool on back, and should give better hole shot on top of slightly better WOT performance.

Thanks fellas, all good comments and recommendations. I appreciate the responses. You’re right, I would always look at the back of the boat and wish I had waited on the SHO. I’m going to talk with the dealer tomorrow and I’m probably going to wait on it. Much appreciated.

I’ve been lurking on the forum for a long time now, but I haven’t posted anything. Our family purchased an SX21 at the end of October and we’ve been waiting on the motor, which is a Yamaha SHO 115. The dealer just called me and said it is showing the motor won’t be in until the end of March and he is worried even about that time frame. He told me he could go ahead and put the regular 115 on it.

I know COVID has everything backordered, but do any of you have any knowledge about the order time for motors right now?

I really wanted the VMAX since it was only a little bit more in price. If anything, the color/stickers look cool. . Any comments about going with the regular 115?

Thanks in advance and I will definitely post pictures when everything is done and I pick it up.
Welcome! Why not just wait til March? When will you put your new SX21 in the water?

Back