Zincs

Geo75

Reaction score
On the Bennington S saltwater series can anyone tell me if the anodes are zinc or aluminum?

Zinc or aluminum sacrificial anodes can be used in saltwater. One of these should be installed on a saltwater series boat!

The reason for my question is zinc should be used for saltwater and aluminum is used for brackish water. I boat in brackish water an aluminum should be used. I have factory installed anodes and I do not know what was installed.

I believe that they are zinc.
Please correct me if I am confused!

Does anyone have pictures of the sacrificial anodes installed? My 2022 QX came without the SW package and the anodes do not fit on the rear as there are no brackets welded on the toons for them. Ideas of where to mount?

You have zero brackets? Typically there is at least one for the depthfinder and the anode mounts on the inside of that. There might be one on the inside of the splashwell but I could be wrong.

I would check with tech support at Bennington to make sure they give you the proper advice on mounting location. I'm sure all of the toons are bonded via the cross members and one might suffice but you don't want to find out the hard way. Another option if available is go to a Bennington dealer and check out the inventory on the lot and see where those anodes are located.

Back