Finally got to use the new boat!

dshannon11

Reaction score
Received our 2022 22 SSXAPG with Yamaha F150 motor late September last year and had to immediately put in storage. Finally got the dock and boat in and after an agonizing 2 hours (see below) final got to open ‘er up. Got to 39mph.

Kept it under 3000 RPM for an hour and was at a snails pace of 8mph. In my head I was like that doesn’t seem right but didn’t think anything of it.
Finally open it up and it goes past gage limit at half throttle. It was “idling” at 1600rpm which I know is wrong and likely double what it actually is. Saw another doc that said get boat on plane and back off for the second hour so that’s what I did.

Gotta call dealer about the tach and some other minor issues and we will be set!

So far, we love it, just need to figure out how to retire at 35 and use it more!

Attachments

• F9C9BD4F-8C20-4AF4-8658-F1B4E500EC32.jpeg
    F9C9BD4F-8C20-4AF4-8658-F1B4E500EC32.jpeg
    118.4 KB · Views: 73
  • D210C113-B6BC-4404-BEA4-51FA0C5AB530.jpeg
    D210C113-B6BC-4404-BEA4-51FA0C5AB530.jpeg
    139 KB · Views: 73
Congratulations! She’s a beauty!

Love it! Thanks for sharing the pictures!

Received our 2022 22 SSXAPG with Yamaha F150 motor late September last year and had to immediately put in storage. Finally got the dock and boat in and after an agonizing 2 hours (see below) final got to open ‘er up. Got to 39mph.

Kept it under 3000 RPM for an hour and was at a snails pace of 8mph. In my head I was like that doesn’t seem right but didn’t think anything of it.
Finally open it up and it goes past gage limit at half throttle. It was “idling” at 1600rpm which I know is wrong and likely double what it actually is. Saw another doc that said get boat on plane and back off for the second hour so that’s what I did.

Gotta call dealer about the tach and some other minor issues and we will be set!

So far, we love it, just need to figure out how to retire at 35 and use it more!
Is there anyway I could get you to upload images of your ski pylon and how it is attached? I just bought a 2023 ssxapg. The dealer seems to have no clue what pylon to get or how it is to be installed.

I have looked at the turbo swing. I am more set on the pylon.
Mine mounts directly in front of engine thru a hole in floor into the transom where the base is welded in for strength. Drop in ,twist , and it’s locked in.

Is there anyway I could get you to upload images of your ski pylon and how it is attached? I just bought a 2023 ssxapg. The dealer seems to have no clue what pylon to get or how it is to be installed.
Did your boat come OEM with a ski pylon? They are not a later add on, but rather built with that set up from the start. They are built and welded into the flooring/transome. If it came with the pylon, then A & M described what to do above to put it on the boat. Just drop and twist and it’s set. Reverse that process for removal.

If it didn’t come OEM with a sky pylon then you’ll have need to look at either adding on a traditional tow bar or a Turbo Swing. If it’s this later situation, I recommend the Turbo Swing myself for its higher tow rating and ease of adding it to a pre-existing boat compared to a traditional tow bar. I also personally like that they keep the aft deck clear, but that’s a personal choice as others prefer the tow bar for it being almost a mini-railing.

Sorry

Last edited:
Yup. My question was for redeploy.

Back