Recent content by Potomacbassin’

  1. Potomacbassin’

    Seat pedestals (any Advice)

    Ah so you have the raised helm then? I too like being up a little higher for visibility reasons so I opted for the pop-up chair bolster that gives me another 4-5 inches of lift. But if you are looking at upgrading your pedestal I would encourage you to look at the entire Spingfield catalog...
  2. Potomacbassin’

    Seat pedestals (any Advice)

    I can see it on my end, maybe the mods can help? But it's as you would think, there are 6 probably 5/16 bolts that are washered and nutted below deck. If you have a helper it should be a 2 minute job.
  3. Potomacbassin’

    Seat pedestals (any Advice)

    It's a bolt and nut, see picture. If you pull the side skirt (lots of bolts but not difficult) they are more accessible.
  4. Potomacbassin’

    Ladder discoloration

    Is this for aesthetics or protection? An unpainted galvanized steel or aluminum trailer should outlast your boat if properly maintained. Only thing I could see paint or powder coating helping out with is if there are various nuts/bolts or other attachments on the trailer that don't have...
  5. Potomacbassin’

    2022 sx23 Yamaha 200 speed

    24% calculated slip at WOT, something is off. It's not the engine. Water in the toons? Is there a wave shield all the way underneath? Is the prop in bad shape (dings dents dull blades)? Engine mounting height too low? Are you GPS speed or water pitot? Could be a lot of things honestly...
  6. Potomacbassin’

    Seat pedestals (any Advice)

    Ouch! That looks spicy! You'll still need a bushing in that clean section to keep it from wobbling too much and prevent metal-on-metal damage? I know you are going to replace the base but it could take weeks/months until you get to it? Or in my case years since there never seems to be a...
  7. Potomacbassin’

    RGB Mood lighting

    Mood light switch is the power. The silver knob rotates to change the light colors or color wheel, and pushes in to do other functions such as speeding up or slowing down the color wheel.
  8. Potomacbassin’

    Ignition Issue

    Four screws, take ignition out. I had to do this because somehow after the dealer performed some work I found the switch had fallen back into the helm. Retrieved and tightened the keeper nut. Very simple device. Check all connections for corrosion and tightness. Buy new as needed. They are...
  9. Potomacbassin’

    Hourglass symbol flashing on my hour meter?

    https://club.benningtonmarine.com/threads/flashing-icon-on-lcd-hour-meter.7391/ If you key turn ACC only it should be solid, then when engine is cranked and running it will start flashing. At least that's how I read it should function. It's not a maintenance minder unless you have the...
  10. Potomacbassin’

    Tow vehicle recommendations

    It's been said before, but FIRE UP's polished toons are so danged pretty!
  11. Potomacbassin’

    Adding a third toon

    Sounds like the added weight and wetted surface of the extra toon is too much for the 115 to handle. I doubt you'd also want to repower to a 150hp+ so the path of least resistance is sell and fold those proceeds into another rig.
  12. Potomacbassin’

    Seat pedestals (any Advice)

    Can you just buy a new bushing from springfield or an upgraded one from a 3rd party? Looks like there are options online.
  13. Potomacbassin’

    Physical horn location

    The horn is pretty wimpy so it's also a good time to upgrade as long as the amps aren't too much more.
  14. Potomacbassin’

    Physical horn location

    Starboard bow on mine, like Jack said.
  15. Potomacbassin’

    Seat pedestals (any Advice)

    I find the Springfield stuff perfectly fine and I am pretty abusive of my seat. Only complaint is some of the screws and bolts keep working their way out, I need to loctite them next time. Mostly metal parts, hard to find fault with that.
Back
Top