115 or 150 Yamaha

What could I expect with the 115?
My old Bennington was a 2575 twin tube 25" with a 115 Honda and I could run about 28-30 tops. Gerry

Go with the 150 and don't look back, it's a perfect pontoon boat motor. I think you will find the 115 lacking on power when you pull tubers with people on the boat. The 150 works hard to pull tubers and give a good ride when I have a full boat. I went through this same decision and am super happy I went with the 150.

Go with the 150 and don't look back, it's a perfect pontoon boat motor. I think you will find the 115 lacking on power when you pull tubers with people on the boat. The 150 works hard to pull tubers and give a good ride when I have a full boat. I went through this same decision and am super happy I went with the 150.
Take a few inner tubes and air mattresses so you can drop off a few "riders" out in the middle of the lake. Leave'em with a couple of six packs, and they'll be very happy.

The power steering sure is nice though, even on a 150. I think people are looking at it all backwards. Yes it's more cabbage, but well worth it. I love being able to steer with one finger! And if you get the power steering, you may as well upgrade to the SHO!

Back