2018 23 GSRC SPS

Jmoore2020

Reaction score
Newbie here…Looking to buy my 2nd Bennington. It is a 2018 23 GSRC SPS with Yamaha 200 hp and it doesn’t look like they make these models anymore. Which model is comparable to this boat? Is it on the lower end or higher end of Bennington tritoons.
I guess one concern is the size of the boat. I was wanting a 24’ and this one is 25’9” loa. Not sure there are any drawbacks from having a bigger boat (dock slip is 28’ deep, so no problem there). 80% of the time it will most likely just be my wife and I…but will have 8-10 peeps on some weekends. Can’t find anyone who has this particular boat. Any general thoughts on this? Any thought on top speed with 1 passenger? Asking price is $52k. Thank you!

Attachments

• IMG_7039.jpeg
    IMG_7039.jpeg
    189.1 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
When the G models were made , starting from the top, the model lines were Q's , R's , G's and the S . You should hit low 40's with that set up and clean toons . Also remember to transfer the the balance of the warranty at an authorized Bennington dealer .

And adding to what Jack said above, the most equivalent model now would be a LXSFBC because of changes in boat model and layout designations since 2018.

The Older G model line is the LX model line now. So that is the easiest equivalency for you to go by. And the GSRC was the Quad Bench layout, so the two modern 24’ LX quad bench options are below in thumbnails along with the thumbnail for the 2018 GSRC.

IMG_0715.jpeg IMG_0716.jpeg IMG_0717.jpeg

As for performance, if properly propped it should get you into the lower 40’s as Jack said. Do you know which specific Yamaha 200HP motor? That makes a difference too. Is it the 4cyl Yamaha F200? That’s probably the most typically 200HP Yamaha put on them. However, if the VMAX, then probably closer to mid-40’s with a lighter load.

I have a 2017 24’ SSBXP SPS with a 200 Mercury Verado Pro. So its the inline 6 performance motor. Before I added Sea Legs, I would be 44-45mph in ideal conditions 1-2 people, 1/2 tank or less fuel, prop dialed in. My boat would have been pretty close in size and weight to a 2018 GSRC. So if you have Yamaha f200 with good/right prop, then a 2-3 mph less than me back before Sea Legs.

Last edited:
And adding to what Jack said above, the most equivalent model now would be a LXSFBC because of changes in boat model and layout designations since 2018.

The Older G model line is the LX model line now. So that is the easiest equivalency for you to go by. And the GSRC was the Quad Bench layout, so the two modern 24’ LX quad bench options are below in thumbnails along with the thumbnail for the 2018 GSRC.

View attachment 35425 View attachment 35426 View attachment 35427

As for performance, if properly propped it should get you into the lower 40’s as Jack said. Do you know which specific Yamaha 200HP motor? That makes a difference too. Is it the 4cyl Yamaha F200? That’s probably the most typically 200HP Yamaha put on them. However, if the VMAX, then probably closer to mid-40’s with a lighter load.

I have a 2017 24’ SSBXP SPS with a 200 Mercury Verado Pro. So it’s the inline 6 performance motor. Before I added Sea Legs, I would be 44-45mph in ideal conditions 1-2 people, 1/2 tank or less fuel, prop dialed in. My boat would have been pretty close in size and weight to a 2018 GSRC. So if you have Yamaha f200 with good/right prop, then a 2-3 mph less than me back before Sea Legs.
Curious what change did you notice after the addition of the sea legs with your 200? Thanks.

It’s a bunch of very minor nuances to the boat.

(1) My speed at WOT in same conditions is 2-4 mph less depending on boat load.
(2) Handling “feels” a little different because of the weight distribution of the Sea Legs. Hard to explain. Not a big issue, just “feels” more balanced vs. rear oriented.
(3) When tubing and cutting turns I have to add more throttle to maintain speed than I used to AND I have to trim down slightly to avoid cavitation. Whereas before Sea Legs I did not need to do adjust trim slightly to avoid cavitation.
(4) Finally, with the Sea Legs, I am about 250 RPM’s lower than top range at WOT on a light load. This leads me to think if I wanted to “dial it back in” I should drop prop pitch -1 from my current Enertia 16p to an Enertia 15p. However, given the price of them, and the fact I am still getting REALLY good performance (still 42mph at WOT on a light load, 35-37mph when loaded down), I have not yet bothered doing so after 5 seasons with my Sea Legs.

All of these changes are very minor, and only noticeable by me. My wife is oblivious to them, as is obviously any family or friends we have on board —> which is to say it’s really hard to get approval from my accountant wife on replacing my otherwise perfectly fine prop. :p Anyway, well worth all the benefits and flexibility I’ve gained by adding the Sea Legs IMHO.

Back