22SVSR SPS vs 24SVSR EXP

claustralia

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

First boat purchase here...I've been doing my research and have narrowed down my selection to the two boats listed in my title (22SVSR SPS vs 24SVSR EXP). Both have the Yamaha 150, identical in layout, and almost the same price. Obviously, the main difference is the length and performance package.

I am leaning towards the 22' with the SPS because of all the upgrades that provides. I plan to have maybe 10 people occasionally but probably more like 6-7 on average. Tubing is a priority for the kids which is why I lean towards the SPS. This will only be used on the lakes in my area so nothing crazy rough...

I wanted to get some expert advice to make sure I am making the right decision and gauge everyone's thoughts who already own a Bennington.

Thanks!

Hey everyone,

First boat purchase here...I've been doing my research and have narrowed down my selection to the two boats listed in my title (22SVSR SPS vs 24SVSR EXP). Both have the Yamaha 150, identical in layout, and almost the same price. Obviously, the main difference is the length and performance package.

I am leaning towards the 22' with the SPS because of all the upgrades that provides. I plan to have maybe 10 people occasionally but probably more like 6-7 on average. Tubing is a priority for the kids which is why I lean towards the SPS. This will only be used on the lakes in my area so nothing crazy rough...

I wanted to get some expert advice to make sure I am making the right decision and gauge everyone's thoughts who already own a Bennington.

Thanks!
You said tubing is a priority, and that you often will have 6-7 (sometimes maybe 10). Those realities of use I think make the choice for you so long as the budget provides for it.

The SPS is a HUGE improvement over the Express. From overall buoyancy to much better water sports performance. For your stated uses, get the 22’ SVSR with SPS and don’t look back. You will not be disappointed with that boat and the 150 Yamaha.

Vikingstaff is spot on with his response. Welcome to the family and post some additional details and some pictures when you bring her home.

Back